TSC has now forwarded the new proposed salary increment for teachers to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, SRC, to prepare for the new 2021 – 2025 CBA agreement with the teachers’ unions. If accepted, the new teachers salary increment will take effect from July 1st, 2021, in four phases, until July 2025.
This comes amid protests from the teacher’s unions. KNUT had demanded a basic salary increment between 120% to 200%, which TSC blatantly rejected. However, the new perks seem to fall within the KUPPET’s proposal of a salary increment between 30 to 70%. That is for teachers in the lower cadres who felt left out in the just concluded 2017/2020 CBA.
The teachers’ unions accuse TSC of forwarding salary increment proposals to the SRC without consultations and engagements with them.
KNUT wanted TSC to peg house, commuter, and leave allowances increment to 50% of teachers’ basic salaries. KUPPET on the other hand wanted TSC to harmonize house allowances of other areas with that of teachers in major municipalities. KUPPET also requested TSC to introduce township allowance to teachers in major towns.
Details of the 2021/2025 TSC Salary Proposal Sent to the SRC
In the new increment salary proposal for teachers, TSC suggests a basic salary increment of 32% for teachers in job grades B5 to C3. Teachers in job groups C4 to D5 will take home a salary increment of 16%.
B5 is the entry-level for teachers in primary schools and C2 for teachers in secondary.
TSC also proposes house allowance to be increased by 10%. Commuter allowance and leave allowance would be increased by 20%.
The Proposed TSC Salary Increment 2021 – 2025
If SRC accepts the new TSC basic salary increment, here is what each teacher will take home. B5 to C3 taking home an increment of 32%, and C4 to D5 gaining 16%.
|Job Group||Proposed Min (Ksh)||Proposed Max (Ksh)|
- TSC Allowances per Job Group, How House Allowance Vary by Region in Kenya
- Download Schemes of Work for Secondary Schools
- KCSE Topical Questions
- Secondary KCSE Syllabus in PDF Format for all Subjects
- Free KCSE Revision Papers
- TSC County Directors in Kenya and Their Contacts
- TSC Hardship Areas for Teachers
- AON Optical Hospitals, An Updated List
- How to Register for TSC AON Minet, Add Dependents and Check Details
- How to Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Online or Using Phone USSD Code