JitimuTech Kenya Limited
- Effective Date: June 26th, 2020
- Notice Version: 1.01, Updated May 27th, 2020
Who we are
Our website address is https://jitimu.com/. At JitimuTech Kenya Limited we provide professional and proved information on matters regarding career guidance, current news touching on the education sector, and hand-picked revision and teaching materials.
We also educate students and interested parties on STEM-related subjects as well as ways to solve technical issues, in our HOW TO section.
- ‘Non-personal data’ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- ‘Personal data’ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal Data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, Personal Data is broader in scope and covers more data.
- A “visitor” is someone who merely browses our website. A “member” is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and products. The term “user” is a collective identifier that refers to either a visitor or a member.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may collect personal information like contacts, your name, and comments you make on our site. We do not share this information with anyone, but we aim to use this information to provide you with better services and to know your views about the same.
We may send you newsletters from time to time when you subscribe to receive updates on new topics and any other information that may interest you in regard to our services. You can opt-out of receiving newsletters by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email you receive. We shall not send you any newsletter when you unsubscribe from receiving newsletters.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Types of Cookies We Collect:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies collect information about the use of the website, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other website measurements.
These cookies enable the website to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using the website. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on the website.
These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content such as the author’s images. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to us or by our company.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies
These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a site (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our website
- Our website analytics
- Remarketing our products or services to you
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- Allowing you to post comments
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics Privacy Notice
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website.
We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information.
We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use a service from www.en.gravatar.com that allows you to have an image that represents you when you are online. It is a picture that appears next to your name when you interact with different websites that are Gravatar-enabled. To make this happen, a tracking mechanism is used that may follow you from website to website.
We Use Your Information to:
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us
- Personalize and customize our content
- Make improvements to our website
- Contact you with updates to our website
- Resolve problems and disputes
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Who we share your data with
We would never sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your NPD, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your Personal Data.
We provide your Personal Data to third-party service providers we hire to provide services to us. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors (e.g. Paypal or Mpesa), web analytics companies, advertising networks, data management services, law firms, auditors and email service providers ( e.g. Mailchimp).
Legally Required Release of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personal Data if such disclosure is
- required by subpoena, law, or other legal process;
- necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies;
- necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms;
- necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users or members;
- necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Revoking Your Consent for Use of Personal Data
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your Personal Data at any time. Such an opt-out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to:
- disclosures to affiliates and business partners,
- disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management services,
- disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests,
- disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law,
- previously completed disclosures to third parties,
- disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent contests or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your Personal Data, send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on our website contain information about third parties, you must make sure you have permission to include that information in your posting. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that our website not track your movement within our website. Our website does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our website. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Our Email Policy
You can always opt-out of receiving further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
Our Security Policy
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your Personal Data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data. When we collect your credit card information through our website, we will encrypt it before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your Personal Data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time. We encourage you to visit this privacy notice from time to time to see the changes if any.
Questions about Your Privacy Notice
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, please contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.jitima.com