Here are very simple steps to help you check for KCPE 2023 results released through SMS on any mobile network you are using. You only need to send a text message to the KNEC SMS number 40054, immediately after the Cabinet Secretary of Education releases the results.
The SMS number works on Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom lines and costs 25 shillings per SMS sent.
Schools can get results printouts after a few days and forward issues if any to KNEC within 30 days, together with copies of evidence.
To Check KCPE 2023 Results by SMS
- Open a blank text message on any network’s SIM card
- Type your full 11-digit KCPE number. For example 40100345001
- Next, send to the KNEC SMS number 40054
- You will receive a text message from KNEC with your results after a short while
The SMS will cost you 25 shillings per message sent.
How to Download KCPE Result Slips from the KNEC Portal
Results slips are availed on the KNEC KCPE Results Slip Portal at least a week after the school receives the whole results printouts from sub-county education offices.
Schools can then download and print result slips from the KNEC portal using the school’s login details provided during the registration of the candidates on the KNEC registration portal.
Result slips are loaded on the KNEC portal: www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCPESLIP.
Meaning of KNEC Symbols in Results SMS
Sometimes, your results or result slip may have the mean grade AB, OO, P, W or U instead of normal results. Here is what they mean:
- AB means an absent candidate who did not sit for one or all papers in the examination.
- OO denotes that the candidate was involved in an examination irregularity.
- P means the candidate’s examination results are pending due to incorrect registration entry requirements. The results will be released when the candidate avails the required documents.
- W shows that the examination results of the candidate have been withheld on suspicion that the candidate has been involved in examination malpractice and investigations are ongoing.
- U denotes ungraded examination results because the candidate has not met the KNEC minimum grade awards criteria.
- National Secondary Schools in Kenya per County
- List of Extra County Schools in Kenya per County
- Top 100 Private Schools in Nairobi County