Okoa Stima is an initiative of Safaricom and KPLC available only to Safaricom subscribers. Okoa Stima allows you to extend the usage of electricity without incurring power a blackout as you arrange to clear your bills.
Okoa Stima allows you to borrow any amount between Ksh. 100 and Ksh. 2,000 payable within 7 days, at a facility fee of 10% deducted upfront.
This loan service is available to both prepaid and post-paid KPLC consumers. You can register up to 3 meters and the tokens/bill accessed can only be used on the 3 meters you have registered.
In addition, the loan amount you request will be sent to your phone as tokens, in the case of prepaid customers, or used to clear your bill for post-paid clients.
How to Register for KPLC Okoa Stima
- Dial *885# from your Safaricom line
- Select Register New
- Now Choose either Pre Paid or Post Paid
- Enter your KPLC account number for Post Paid clients OR Meter Number for Pre Paid users and Send
- Confirm details by selecting Yes
- You will now see the Lipa Stima Menu
- You have successfully registered for the Okoa Stima credit service.
How to Get Okoa Stima Loan from KPLC
- Dial *885#
- From the Menu that comes, choose Pre Paid or Post Paid and then Send
- Next, select the meter number or account number
- Choose the bill amount you want to clear or to Okoa
To repay your Okoa Stima loan, dial *885#, choose pre-paid or post-paid, repay loan, and follow through with the instructions to pay via M-Pesa.
You can also access KPLC Okoa Stima loan services by downloading the Okoa Stima App from Play Store or App Store.
- Safaricom Mpesa Agent Commission Rates
- USSD Codes for Airtel and Telkom Kenya Mobile Services
- How to Pay KPLC Postpaid Electricity Bill by Mpesa, Airtel or Equitel
- Nairobi Water Tariffs for Different Consumer Categories