Okoa Stima is an initiative of Safaricom and KPLC and is available only to Safaricom subscribers. This energy credit service allows you to continue using electricity, after your tokens deplete, without getting a power blackout as you arrange to clear your bills.
‘through Okoa Stima you can borrow any amount between Ksh. 100 and Ksh. 2,000 payable within 7 days, at a facility fee of 10% deducted upfront.
This loan service is available to both prepaid and post-paid KPLC consumers. You can register up to 3 meters and the tokens/bill accessed can only be used on the 3 meters you have registered.
In addition, the loan amount you request will be sent to your phone as tokens, in the case of prepaid customers, or used to clear your bill for post-paid clients.
Before accessing this credit service, you need to register first, then you can proceed to request for the loan.
How to Register for KPLC Okoa Stima
- Dial *885# from your Safaricom line
- Select Register New
- Now Choose either Pre Paid or Post Paid
- Enter your KPLC account number for Post Paid clients OR Meter Number for Pre Paid users and Send
- Confirm details by selecting Yes
- You will now see the Lipa Stima Menu
- You have successfully registered for the Okoa Stima credit service.
How to Get Okoa Stima Loan from KPLC
- Dial *885#
- From the Menu that comes, choose Pre Paid or Post Paid and then Send
- Next, select the meter number or account number
- Choose the bill amount you want to clear or to Okoa
To repay your Okoa Stima loan, dial *885#, choose pre-paid or post-paid, repay the loan, and follow through with the instructions to pay via M-Pesa.
You can also access KPLC Okoa Stima loan services by downloading the Okoa Stima App from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Safaricom Mpesa Agent Commission Rates
- USSD Codes for Airtel and Telkom Kenya Mobile Services
- How to Pay KPLC Postpaid Electricity Bill by Mpesa, Airtel or Equitel
- Nairobi Water Tariffs for Different Consumer Categories