Kenya Power and Lighting Company, KPLC is almost the sole distributor and seller of electric power to millions of homes in Kenya. KPLC has two forms of metering and charging of electricity; prepaid and postpaid. You can pay for KPLC postpaid bills using Mpesa pay bill number, Airtel Money, or Equitel’s Eazzy Pay mobile services.
Postpaid has been around for ages and requires manual reading of the meter by KPLC agents and the bill is forwarded to the consumers on a monthly basis.
You can know your Kenya Power, KPLC postpaid electricity bill through several methods including calling the USSD code *977# and entering your KPLC post-paid account number when asked to.
How to Pay for Postpaid Electricity by Mpesa Paybill
- From Safaricom Mpesa Menu select Lipa na Mpesa then Pay Bill
- Enter the Kenya Power KPLC Postpaid Business Number 888888
- Enter your Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456
- Enter the amount you wish to pay, between Ksh. 100 and 35,000
- Key in your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm your details and then press OK
- You will receive a message confirming your transaction
- You will also receive a payment confirmation message from Kenya Power confirming the successful payment of your bill.
How to Pay Postpaid Electricity Via Airtel Money
- From the Airtel Menu select Airtel Money
- Select Make Payments then Paybill
- Choose Kenya Power Bill to pay for postpaid bill
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- Enter your Airtel Money PIN
- Type your KPLC account number
- Confirm that your details are correct
- You will receive a transaction SMS on your phone
Pay for KPLC Postpaid Electricity Bill with Equitel
- From Equitel Menu, Select Eazzy Pay
- Select Pay Bill
- Choose the bank account number to pay from
- Select business number – KPLC Bills (Post Paid)
- Enter your Kenya Power meter number e.g. 2931472
- Enter the amount you wish to pay, between 100 to 500,000 Kenya shillings
- Enter your Equitel PIN and press OK
- Confirm your details are correct and press OK
- You will receive a confirmation text from Equity bank for a successful transaction
You can now go ahead and confirm if your Kenya power bill has been updated and unpaid balances if any. You can do this by calling the USSD code *977# on your Safaricom line.
- How to Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Online or Using Phone USSD Code
- Faiba Internet Packages – How to Buy Jamii Telecom Kenya Faiba 4G Mifi Bundles