The TSC has just advertised for the 2020/2021 mass recruitment exercise of additional teachers and the replacement of teachers for secondary schools who exited the service through natural attrition. A further 4,000 secondary school teachers and 1,000 primary teachers will be recruited in 2021 to support the government policy on 100 percent transition.
The deadline for the application is 12th July 2021.
Update: TSC Interns now stand a chance to secure TSC employment since TSC now awards 30 marks in the interviews to all serving interns.
This article presents the new TSC recruitment guidelines for secondary school teachers and the revised TSC score sheet for secondary teachers for 2020/2021.
General TSC Requirements for Primary School Teachers Recruitment
- All applicants must be registered by the TSC before applying for the TSC job. Those not registered do not qualify to be recruited
- Applicants who apply for the confirmation of results from KNEC should give the address of the County Director where they submitted their application. It is your responsibility to ensure that your results are received within 14 days after the verification of certificates.
- You should have a sworn affidavit if your names differ on the certificates and/or ID card.
- If you resat KCPE or KCSE (or equivalents), you MUST present certified copies of the certificates of the national exams in question for all attempts.
- Applicants will be required to submit their applications to the Secretary Teachers Service Commission through the online platform www.teacheronline.tsc.go.ke for the county where the application has been declared.
- You will be given a serial number during the selection after the sub-county directors communicate the selection date and venue.
Documents Required for TSC Recruitment For Secondary School Teachers, 2020/2021
Upon invitation for interview, applicants must present original and legible photocopies of the following, among other relevant documents:
- National identification card
- National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPED) card, where applicable
- KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if you repeated exams)
- KCSE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if you repeated exams)
- Diploma/Degree certificate and official transcripts
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher
- Evidence of service as a teacher intern, where applicable
- Sworn Affidavit where names appearing on the submitted documents differ
- Primary and Secondary school leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials
Key Points to Note on TSC Recruitment Exercise
In case of a tie, consideration will be given in the following order of priority:
- Applicant(s) with disability(ies)
- Service as a teacher intern
- Applicants not previously employed by the TSC
- Attainment of the highest grade in teaching practice
- Applicants who graduated earlier
- Quality of certificates presented; higher aggregate KCSE grade should first be considered
The selection date will be displayed on notice boards at the county, sub-county, and zonal offices, at least 7 days before the selection exercise.
Applicants previously employed by the commission MUST declare their past employment history and reason(s) for break in service (with evidence in break of service). Failure to which you will be disqualified.
Authenticity of Academic, Professional, and Other Relevant Documents
You must present the above original and clear photocopies of documents.
NB: Provisional transcript(s) shall not be accepted.
Ensure that all your documents are verified and certified by the relevant authorities e.g the sub-county director, before presenting them to the selection panel.
You should have proof of application for confirmation of results where the certificates are missing. It is your responsibility to follow up with KNEC for the confirmation of results within 14 days after the interview date.
Where results have been confirmed, the original statement of confirmation of results MUST be submitted together with the Application for Employment Form.
How to Register Complains if Dissatisfied with the TSC Recruitment Exercise
If dissatisfied with the exercise you can submit a written complaint immediately to the County Director and an email to the TSC Headquarters through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 7 days after the selection exercise.
Qualifications for TSC Teachers Employment
There is an article I wrote earlier on qualifications and TSC requirements for secondary teacher jobs 2020/2021. Follow the link for detailed information.
TSC Score Sheet for Secondary Schools and Training Colleges 2020/2021
Here is the full revised TSC marking scheme for teachers in secondary school and training colleges:
TSC Score Sheet for teachers Living with Disabilities; Secondary Schools and Training Colleges 2020/2021
TSC 2020/2021 Recruitment Grading System
Here is the TSC Grade Point Average Grading system for 2020/2021;
- Teachers Basic Salary in Kenya and the New TSC Grading System 2017 -2021
- Proposed Teachers Salary and Allowances Increment 2021 – 2025
- TSC Allowances per Job Group, How House Allowance Vary by Region in Kenya
- ECDE TSC Registration Requirements
- TSC County Directors in Kenya and Their Contacts
- TSC Hardship Areas for Teachers
- How to Apply for TSC Duplicate Certificate, Requirements and Bank Payment Details