Fuliza loan is a Safaricom M-Pesa overdraft service that allows you to complete M-Pesa transactions even with insufficient funds in your M-Pesa account, subject to a given limit. Once activated, you can fuliza Mpesa to someone else or even buy goods and services and pay bills using the Lipa na M-Pesa services.
That is if you wanted to send money or buy something and you realize you do not have enough cash, you can use fuliza M-Pesa service to fund the balance.
Fuliza has zero interest for the first 3 days, so long as you repay it within this time. You can Fuliza as many times as you need, provided you are within the allocated Fuliza M-PESA limit.
Every Mpesa line you have registered is treated as a different Fuliza account with its own separate limit. The limit is reviewed every 3 months.
How to Activate Fuliza on Your M-Pesa Line
To qualify for fuliza loan, you should have a registered M-Pesa line, and the line must have been active for the last 6 months.
To register and opt in for the fuliza loan facility:
- Dial the Fuliza USSD code *234# on your M-Pesa line
- Select Fuliza M-Pesa to opt in
- You have now registered and activated Fuliza on your line
How to Opt Out of Fuliza
Sometimes you are not happy with Fuliza and may want to opt-out.
To deregister completely from Fuliza loan service, you simply do the following:
- Dial *234# on the M-Pesa line you activated Fuliza on
- Select Fuliza M-Pesa
- Next, select Opt out
- You can no longer use Fuliza M-Pesa on this line unless you activate the service again
Take note that you can only opt out of Fuliza if you have repaid your outstanding fuliza balances.
How to Check Your Fuliza Limit and Balance
To know your Fuliza limit and balance read the article How to Check Your Fuliza Mpesa Limit and Balance, for more information.
How to Pay for Goods and Services Using Fuliza Mpesa
To use Fuliza M-Pesa, you just need to transact normally on M-PESA, like paying bills or using a buy goods till number.
If you have insufficient funds, Fuliza M-PESA will cover the shortfall.
Take note that the transaction cannot complete if the Fuliza balance is not sufficient to cover the transaction as well as the M-Pesa cost of the transaction.
Follow these steps to pay for goods and services using fuliza:
- Go to M-Pesa menu or dial *334#
- Select Lipa na M-Pesa
- Now, select Buy Goods and Services
- Enter Till Number and Send
- Enter Amount you want to pay
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN
- Confirm details and select Accept
- If your funds are not enough, you will see Fuliza pop up message
- Accept to Fuliza and Send to complete to payment.
How to Fuliza Money to Another Number
It is not possible to withdraw money from fuliza directly.
However, you can send the money to a nearby friend or family member and ask them to withdraw the money for you.
You can also visit your nearest MPesa agent and Fuliza to the number given by the agent. You only have to pay them the normal M-Pesa withdrawal charge depending on the amount.
To fuliza to another number:
- Go to the MPesa menu and select Send Money
- Enter the phone number you want to fuliza to
- Enter the Amount and then your Mpesa PIN
- A notification will show up on the screen indicating you have insufficient funds, and whether you want to fuliza the remaining balance.
- Select the option Accept, and then Send.
- Confirm the recipient details and finish the transaction.
How to Repay Fuliza Loan
You do not need to go through lengthy processes to repay your fuliza loan.
Any funds received or deposited in your M-PESA account will automatically be used to clear your outstanding Fuliza M-PESA.
So, all you have to do is deposit into your M-Pesa account or receive money. The Fuliza loan plus the interest will be deducted automatically.
Penalties for Not Repaying Fuliza
Penalties for not repaying Fuliza balances after 30 days include not being able to access your M-Shwari and KCB M-Pesa accounts and freezing of your Fuliza M-Pesa limit until you repay the balance.
How to Increase Fuliza Limit
You can grow your Fuliza limit by using Safaricom and M-Pesa services frequently and repaying fuliza loan on time by topping up your M-Pesa account.
To find out how to increase your Fuliza limit read: Simple Steps to Increase Fuliza Limit.
Fuliza M-Pesa Interest Rates and Service Charge
With Fuliza, the minimum you can transact is Sh. 1 up to a maximum of Sh. 70,000. Currently, Fuliza charges maintenance fees as shown in the table below:
|Tariff Band||New Daily Maintenance Fee|
|1 – 100||0.00|
|101 – 500||Free for first 3 days, Ksh. 2.50 after|
|501 – 1,000||Free for first 3 days, Ksh. 5.00 after|
|1,001 – 1,500||Ksh. 18.00|
|1,501 – 2,500||Ksh. 20.00|
|2,501 – 70,000||Ksh. 25.00|
Remember, the normal M-Pesa transaction charges still apply to any MPesa transaction you make with Fuliza.
How to Contact Safaricom Fuliza Customer Care
Any queries about fuliza can be channeled to Safaricom’s customer care contact number 100, or chat with Zuri on Telegram or Whatsapp on this number: 254722000100.
- How to Apply and Repay Zenka Loan Via App and USSD Code
- Tala Loan App, How to Apply Loan, Repay, Interest Rates