Since its launch in December 2017, Jamii Telecom, commonly known as faiba 4G, has taken the Kenya internet market by storm. Jamii Telekom faiba 4G offers cheap and affordable faiba internet packages which can be accessed using a faiba 4G mifi or any smartphone with 4G capability.
How to Access Faiba 4G Mobile Wifi
You can get faiba 4G wifi internet in 3 ways;
Through their 4G wifi Modem
If you have a desktop computer or laptop you could go for the 4G wifi modem choice.
The modem model is ZTE MF79S. A lightweight 4G wireless modem with Wi-Fi hotspot capability. That is, according to Jamii Telekom.
The modem supports wifi up to 8 users and goes for a price of Ksh. 4,850.
Read Also: StarTimes Kenya TV Packages
Using Faiba 4G Mifi
Perhaps the best choice since you are able to carry it to any place with Jamii Telecom Faiba 4G mobile internet coverage.
It comes with a 2800 mAh rechargeable battery and it can support up to 10 hotspot clients connected at the same time.
It is worth noting that this device does not work well in congested areas with low network coverage.
If you have a problem receiving safaricom or airtel network in your house, then you will not be able to receive faiba 4G network.
This Mifi can also overheat to a point where it refuses to function. So if you are planning to go with the faiba 4G internet Mifi option, then remember to place it in the open air or on some metal plate.
This will keep the device cool and can also preserve the battery lifespan.
This Mifi has always costed Ksh. 5400 since the launch of JTL 4G mobile.
Using Compatible 4G Mobile Smartphones
The phone, first of all, must be 4G/ LTE enabled.
Faiba mobile utilizes the 4G LTE network on band B28 on a frequency spectrum of 700MHz. Faiba 4G mobile also operates on band 20 (800Mhz) and band 2 (1800mHz).
Some phones which support faiba 4G mobile network include;
- Faiba 4G wonder phone
- TECNO CX, CX Air and Phantom 8
- Samsung A5, A7, S6, S7, S8, Note 4, Note 5 and Note 8
- Infinix Zero 4, Zero 5
- Apple iPhone 6 and above
- LG G3, G4, G6, Q6, V10, V30 and G5
- Motorola G5, Z, Z2 Play
- Huawei P8, P9, Mate 7, Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, P10, P10 Plus, Mate 1 and Mate 10 Pro
- ZTE Blade A3
- Nokia 1 Plus, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 6 Pus, 7.1, 8 and 8 Plus
If you want to be making free calls also, make sure you buy a phone that supports both the 4G LTE network and VOIP protocol.
Where can I buy Jamii Telekom Mifi?
Jamii Telecom Mifi is available at its headquarters, Hospital Rd, Jamii Towers, Upperhil, Nairobi.
Some other shops where you can buy the Mifi include;
- Compnet Vedic Hse room 201/202, Mama Ngina St., Nairobi Kenya
- Digital Farm officesTom Mboya Globe cinema roundabout
- Territories Technologies Norwich union Mall, Mezzanine Floor Room M1, Mama Ngina street, Opp Hilton hotel, Nairobi CBD
- Rolling Box Limited Maasai Mall, Room 94 (First Shop at the entrance), Magadi Road, Ongata Rongai
- Jani HQ Green House
- At selected Tuskys and Naivas Supermarkets
Faiba 4G Internet Packages (Bundles) Prices
|Bundle Size||Price (Ksh)||Validity (Days)|
How to buy Faiba 4G Mobile Bundles
Using supported Faiba 4G mobile, you can buy data bundles by dialing *111# on your phone then choose the options you want.
To buy Faiba 4G Bundles using Mpesa follow the steps;
Step1: Pay Faiba 4G bill via Mpesa paybill Number
- Go to Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa
- Key in Jamii Telecom business Number as 776611
- Enter the account number as the 4G sim card number in the format 254747xxxxxx where the six X represents the last 6 digits of the Faiba mobile number.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and press OK.
After you have received a message from Mpesa confirming your transaction, do the following;
Step2: Buy Faiba internet packages on their self-care site
- Turn on your Mifi
- Head over to selfcare.jtl.co.ke
- On the home page that appears, confirm your balance and ensure your 4G mobile number is displayed
- Next click on the data menu at the top of the webpage
- Click on the Data Bundles drop-down menu and select the bundle you paid for
- Finally, click on the button, Buy Data
- Refresh the page and click on the Balance menu to confirm your purchase was successful.
Key Points to note when buying 4G bundles using the online method
- You cannot buy bundles using online platforms if your 4G mobile number is not showing. Try using a different browser or device if this problem persists
- Always send some more money on top of the cost of the bundle, e.g 20 or 50 shillings more.
- This will cater for internet connection to the platform or any other background apps using your data.
- Turn off wifi connection on any other device connected to the Mifi, except the phone or laptop you are using to buy the bundles.
- This minimizes the risk of other apps or downloads “eating” your credit before you purchase the 4G mobile bundles.
- Lastly, reboot your Mifi if you experience connection issues.