If you want to change your current GOtv package, whether it be upgrading to a higher package or downgrading to a lower one, this article will provide you with the necessary information on how to do so. There are several ways to change your package, including online, through the use of a USSD code, and using the myGOtv app.
In this article, I will walk you through the steps of switching your GOtv package using both methods, giving you the flexibility to choose the option that best suits your needs and preferences.
GOtv Kenya offers a variety of packages to choose from including GOtv Lite, GOtv Value, GOtv Plus, GOtv Max and GOtv Supa, each with their own unique channels and programming options.
How to Change Your GOtv Package
GOtv allows you to switch between packages (upgrade or downgrade) in several ways including, through the Online Self-Service portal or by using a USSD code.
How to Switch GOtv Package Online
Follow these simple steps to upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package online:
- Visit the GOtv Africa Self service portal (http://selfservice.gotvafrica.com/en-ke)
- Enter the mobile number registered with your GOtv subscription
- Enter the 10 digit IUC code (found on the red sticker at the back of the decoder)
- Click on Sign In
- Once logged in, select Build a package
- Next, select the package you wish to upgrade or downgrade to
- Click on Next
- Click on Pay and select your payment option (for the MPesa option, see How to Pay for GOtv Kenya by MPesa Paybill Number)
- It will take about 10 minutes for your package to be switched and activated
How to Switch GOtv Package by USSD Code
You can simply change your GOtv package using the USSD code *423#. Follow these easy steps to get you going:
- From the SIM card registered with GOtv, dial *423#
- Select the option Change Package
- Next, enter the IUC number/ smartcard number (from red sticker at the back of the decoder), and Send
- Select the package you want to upgrade to or downgrade to
- Follow through with the process until complete
- You will receive an SMS from GOtv confirming a successful change of package
Other ways of Changing your Package
You can also download the myGOtv app from Play Store and make package upgrade or downgrade very conveniently. You can also contact the GOtv Kenya customer care desk or visit an office for assistance and request to change a package. Just make sure to carry your decoder or the IUC number with you.