Mpesa paybill service has made it easy for people to buy goods, deposit money into their bank accounts, and pay for utility bills right from the comfort of their mobile phones. However, to transact with Safaricom Mpesa paybill services, you will incur some charges depending on the amount of money you are transacting.
Mpesa Pay Bill Tarrifs
Safaricom has three business pay bill tariffs;
- Mgao Tariff – Charges are split between the customer and business
- Business Bouquet Tariff – No charges to the business; the customer bears all charges
- Customer Bouquet Tariff – No charges to the customers; the business bears all
The customers have no control over these charges since the kind of tariff a business chooses has a direct effect on the customer. For example, if a business chooses the business bouquet tariff, all the charges will be transferred to the customer, hence more expensive pay bill charges.
On the other hand, the customer bouquet tariff will relieve the customer of all transactional charges related to the Lipa na Mpesa paybill number.
Mgao Tariff Charges
Business Bouquet Tariff Charges
The customer pays all the transaction charges, like in the case of depositing money to bank accounts or paying bills using Lipa na Mpesa Pay bill service.
Customer Bouquet Tariff Charges
- Pay KPLC Postpaid Electricity Bill by Mpesa, Airtel or Equitel
- List of Postal Codes in Kenya for all Post Offices
- USSD Codes for Mobile Loans Apps in Kenya
- Branches of Popular SACCOs in Kenya and their Contacts
- List of Mobile Loan Apps in Kenya and their Interest Rates
- Safaricom Home Fibre Packages, Connection and Prices