DStv Stream app is a streaming service that enables DStv subscribers to watch live sports, movies, TV shows, and kids programs on their tablets, mobile phones, smart TV, laptops and gaming devices online at no additional cost, wherever they go.
All you have to do to catch up on your favourite DStv show online anywhere you go, is to have a running DStv package and then download the DStv Stream app and sign up for the live streaming services.
In this article, I will show you how to download and install the DStv Stream app on your smartphone and smart TV, and how to sign up and link with your DStv account.
Features of the New DStv Streaming Service
- You can download up to 25 TV shows on your device so that you can watch them later even when you are offline.
- You can use your DStv Connect ID to register up to 5 streaming devices with just one DStv subscription at no additional cost.
- The app is user-friendly and allows viewers to set up profiles and content personalization to match their preferences.
- Get access to viewing history, watch lists, downloads, Catch-Up, BoxOffice and live TV.
- Viewers can switch audio soundtracks to their local languages, if available, including live sports commentary in isiZulu, isiXhosa, Afrikaans, Portuguese and English.
- Sports lovers can get access to league and tournament pages with insights into teams, leagues and cups, and even replay best moments or watch full matches at their leisure.
How to Download DStv Stream App on Smartphone and Sign Up
To download, sign up and link your DStv package on the app, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store (or Apple App Store for iPhone) and search for DStv Stream
- Install and open the app
- If you don’t have an account yet, tap on Sign Up
- Enter your email address, mobile number and a strong password
- Tap on Create An Account
- Next, enter your Smart card number or Customer number in the appropriate text boxes
- Tap on Find My DStv Package
- Continue through with the prompts to complete linking your DStv account
To start watching your favourite TV shows, you can sign in to the mobile app or DStv streaming website with your registered email address or mobile number.
How to Install and Connect DStv Stream App on Your Smart TV
DStv Stream app for smart TV enables you to watch DStv channels on an internet-connected smart TV without the need for a decoder. The app currently supports the following TV brands:
- Hisense smart TVs (selected models from 2018 onwards)
- LG smart TVs (models running webOS 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0)
- Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
To install and setup DStv Stream app on your smart TV:
- Connect your smart TV to the internet by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable
- Launch Google Play Store on your TV and search for DStv Stream and install it
- Once installed, the app will display a code on your Smart TV screen. Take note of this code
- Next, go to dstv.stream website, using a computer or smartphone, and click Sign In
- Sign in with your email address, or click Sign up if you don’t have an account yet
- Once signed in, open the link dstv.stream/tv
- Next, enter the code displayed on the TV screen
- Next, click on the button Sign in on TV
- Congratulation! The app is successfully linked with your TV and you can continue enjoying your DStv subscription on your smart TV
Other Gadgets Supported by DStv Stream
You can watch DStv on your laptop, desktop, and supported devices by logging in to dstv.stream even if you are away from your DStv decoder.
All you need is an active DStv subscription and a stable internet connection. Currently, DStv Stream app supports the following streaming gadgets:
- Xbox gaming consoles (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X)
- Apple TV (4th generation and newer)
- Media players running Android TV (Google-certified devices only)
- How to Pay Netflix Via Mpesa Global Pay
- List of DSTV Kenya Packages and Prices (Updated)
- DStv Contacts in Kenya for Customer Care Desks