With the widespread presence of Mpesa outlets, moving money between your Equity Bank account and MPesa account is now very easy. You can easily withdraw cash by using the Equity Bank USSD code, the Equitel line, the Equity Eazzy Banking App, or the Internet banking platform.
It only takes a few seconds to transfer money from your Equity account to any Mpesa account.
The Equity Bank USSD code *247# is now available on all mobile networks in Kenya, making it easy to withdraw money from your Equity Bank account to your Mpesa account. You do not require an Equitel line to do this.
How to Transfer Money from Equity to Mpesa Using USSD Code *247#
- Dial *247# from any line
- Select your preferred language
- If your Equity account is linked, then you will be asked to enter your banking PIN. Otherwise, you will be prompted to link your existing account.
- Now, follow the onscreen Eazzy 247 guides
- Next, choose the account you wish to withdraw cash from
- Select the withdraw option
- Next, select to Mpesa
- Enter the Mpesa mobile number to send to
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- You will receive an SMS from Equity Bank confirming a successful transaction, and another one from Mpesa if withdrawing to your own Mpesa account
How to Withdraw Money from Equity to Mpesa Through Equitel Line
If you have an Equitel line you can follow these steps to withdraw cash to Safaricom Mpesa:
- Go to the Equitel sim toolkit on your phone
- Now, select My Money option
- Select the Send/ Pay option
- Select the Equity account number you want to withdraw from and then press OK
- Next, select To Others option
- Select Mpesa
- Enter the Mpesa mobile phone number you want to send to
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Confirm that you have entered the correct phone number and amount
- Next, enter your Equitel PIN and then press OK to approve the withdrawal.
You will receive a confirmation message from Equity Bank.
You will also get a receipt message from Mpesa if withdrawing to your phone, otherwise, the recipient will get the money and a confirmation message from Mpesa through Equity Bank.
How to Send Money from Equity to Mpesa Using Eazzy Banking App
To withdraw money from Equity to Mpesa using the Eazzy banking mobile app, do these:
- Search and install the Eazzy Banking app from Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Open the app and link your Equity bank account
- Go to the app’s homepage and select Send to Mpesa option
- Next, enter the Mpesa mobile number you wish to send money to or select it from your contacts
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer
- Enter your Eazzy Banking PIN
- You will receive a text message containing a unique code from Equity
- Now, enter the code to complete the transaction
You will receive a message from Equity Bank confirming the cash withdrawal from your Equity Bank account.
The recipient will receive the cash and a receipt message from Mpesa.
How to Transfer Money from Equity to Mpesa through Internet Banking
With Equity Bank’s internet banking, EazzyNet, you can easily transfer money to any Mpesa account no matter where you are in the world.
Follow these simple steps to send money to Mpesa using the EazzyNet online banking:
- Visit Equity Bank’s website: online.equitybankgroup.com
- Select your country and press Enter
- Next, login with your user ID and Password
- If you don’t have a User ID and Password click on Register now
- Move to Withdraw Funds
- Select Mpesa
- Enter the Mpesa mobile number you wish to withdraw to
- Enter the amount wish to send
- Confirm all the details
- Finally, confirm the transaction.
In a short while, you will receive a notification message in your registered email address confirming the withdrawal transaction from your Equity Bank account has been completed.