Zetech University is a private chartered University in Kenya and is registered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, and Technology to offer a diverse range of programs including diplomas, certificates, degrees, short courses, and professional courses. The main campus of the university is situated in Ruiru, 20km from Nairobi’s city center, along the Thika Road superhighway.
The university has other campuses within the Nairobi CBD, such as Westlands, Agriculture House, Standard Chartered House, and Pioneer House.
Intakes at Zetech University typically occur in January, May, and September. Prospective students can apply for courses online through the university’s website: www.zetech.ac.ke.
The university also offers online classes for students who prefer to study from home or office. To register for digital classes, visit the university’s e-learning portal.
Zetech University Courses and Minimum Qualifications
Undergraduate courses at Zetech University take 4 years to complete and require a grade of C+ or higher in K.C.S.E, and a minimum grade of C in Math and English. A diploma in a related field from a recognized institution also qualifies you for undergraduate programs.
To study education courses, you must have scored a minimum of C+ in KCSE and C+ in the two subjects you wish to teach. To study Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, the minimum requirements are C+ in English or Kiswahili and either Geography, History, Social Studies, CRE, or Business Studies.
Here are the degree courses offered by Zetech University. Additional requirements are in brackets.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management (Bsc. HSM) (C+ in Maths, English and Biology/Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance – BAF (C- in Mathematics, English and Kiswahili)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management (C plain in either Biology, Chemistry, English, Kiswahili, Foreign Language or Home Science)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Arts International Relations and Diplomacy – BIRD (C+ in English or Kiswahili and Either Geography, History, Social Studies, CRE, or Business Studies)
- Bachelor of Economics and Statistics – BES (C+ (plus) Mathematics and English)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc IT)
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management – BPSCM (C- in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Management – BBAM
- Bachelor of Business Information and Technology (BBIT)
To enroll in diploma programs at Zetech University, you must have a C- in KCSE, a Pass in artisan and certificate level (if applicable), and any other qualification approved by KNEC. Most diploma courses at Zetech University require a D- in English or Kiswahili and a D- in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Business Studies, Geography, History, CRE, Computer Studies, or Agriculture.
Diploma programs normally take 4 trimesters to complete.
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (KNEC)
- Diploma in Sports Management
- Diploma in Film and Television Production (5 trimesters and requires C- in English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Project Management
- Diploma in Software Engineering – DSE (D-in Maths, English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Community Health (C in Biology or Chemistry and D- in English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology
- Diploma in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Diploma in Development Studies
- Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies
- Diploma in Computer Science (D- in Maths, Engish or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Communication and Media studies (D+ in either Kiswahili or English)
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Business Management and Administration (D- in Maths, Engish or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power)
Certificate courses go for 2 trimesters and require a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE.
- Certificate in Sports Management
- Certificate in Journalism and Media Studies (D+ in English or Kiswahili)
- Certificate in Development Studies
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Certificate in Purchasing, Supplies and Management
- Certificate in Business Management
Artisan Courses at Zetech University
Artisan courses require a D or D- in KCSE and take up to a year to complete.
- Artisan in Electrical Engineering (KNEC)
- Artisan in Food and Beverage Production & Service (KNEC)
- Artisan in Salesmanship (KNEC)
- Artisan in Store Keeping (KNEC)
Professional Courses at Zetech
- Certified Network Security Specialist
- CISCO Certifications
- Huawei Certifications
- Web Design and Programming
- Certificate in Database Management
- Computer-Aided Design (AutoCAD, Archicad)
- Certificate in Accounting Packages
Short Courses at Zetech University
These courses are offered on demand and take between 2 weeks to 6 months. Some require no prior qualification.
- Project Proposal Development and Writing Skills
- Effective Management of CBO/NGOs
- HIV/AIDS, Guidance and Counselling
- Research Methods and Skills
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Voluntary Counselling and Testing
- Effective Leadership Skills and Development
- Resource Mobilization and Fund Raising
- Strategic Planning and Management of Projects
- Conflict Management and Peace Building
- Maternal Nutrition and Childcare Practices
- Cake Making
- Meal Preparation
- Basic Food Service
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Zetech University Fee Structure
Visit the following links to access current Zetech University fees for all the courses offered:
Zetech University Contacts
You can call the university on the phone number: +254 719 034500. You can also WhatsApp them on: +254 706622557.