Daystar University has become famous not just in Kenya but around the world at large. Daystar University has produced well-renowned journalists, artists, and other professionals who rank well on the global job markets. Courses offered at Daystar University are tailor-made to suit the current job market and the community.
Daystar University has two campuses; the Nairobi campus and the Athi River campus. Athi River campus is the university’s main campus, situated in a serene and relaxing environment.
The University offers various certificates, diplomas, graduate and postgraduate programmes in its seven schools.
Read: List of Accredited Engineering Courses in Kenyan Universities
Here is a list of courses offered at Daystar University Faculties, and the course minimum requirements for qualification:
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Communication
Undergraduate course requirements include a minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE or equivalent and at least a C+ (plus) in English.
- Diploma in Music
- Diploma in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in French
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Technical & Professional Communication
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Ph.D. in Communication
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Nursing
Direct entry applicants to the School of Nursing require a minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE or equivalent, with a C+ (plus) in the four cluster subjects; English, Mathematics/Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Nursing
Those upgrading from a diploma to BSc in Nursing require a minimum of C (plain) in KCSE and a diploma in any of the following:
- Kenya Registered Nursing (KRN)
- Kenya Registered Nursing and Midwifery
- Kenya Registered Nursing and Psychiatry
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- A current Nursing Practice license from the Nursing Council of Kenya and 2 years diploma working experience in a Hospital.
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Business and Economics
To pursue these programmes at Daystar University you require a minimum of C + (plus) in KCSE or equivalent and a C (plain) in Mathematics.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Business Administration & Management
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Purchasing and Business Logistics
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce in Business Administration & Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing
- Bachelor of Commerce in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Purchasing and Business Logistics
- Bachelor of Commerce in Law
- Bachelor of Science In Economics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Economics (MSc Economics)
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Arts and Humanities
Requirements for undergraduate courses include a minimum of C+ in KCSE with a B- (minus) in either history or CRE, or 5 credits in IGCSE or 2 principal passes in ‘A’ level or Division 2 in GCE or 50% from other countries using percentages.
- Diploma in International Relations
- Diploma in Peace and Conflict Transformation
- Diploma in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Biblical & Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Transformation
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Security Studies (IRSS)
- Bachelor of Education Degree (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education Degree (Science)
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Development & Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace & Conﬂict Transformation
- Bachelor of Theology
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Development & International Security (DDIS)
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministries
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministries
- Master of Arts in African Christianity
Daystar University Department of Education Courses
The school of education offers the following education degree subject combinations:
- Physics Computer
- Mathematics/Business Studies
- Computer/ Business Studies
- Kiswahili/ Business Studies
- CRE/Business Studies
You require at least KCSE C+ mean grade and C+ in each of the two subjects you would like to teach. See TSC Requirements for Teachers; How to Become a Teacher in Kenya, Secondary.
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Human and Social Sciences
Applications requirements in the School of Human and Social Sciences include a minimum of C+ (plus) entry grade in KCSE.
The school of Arts and Humanities offers the following undergraduate and post-graduate courses:
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychology
- Diploma in Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Counselling
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Psychology
- Master of Arts in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Community Development
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Child Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child Development (PGDCD)
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Science, Engineering, and Health
The Department of Science teaches both general science courses to all students and majors in physics, mathematics, and environmental health, currently.
You require a minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE or equivalent. For Nursing, additional requirements include a C+ in Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry & English or their equivalent.
For BSc in Applied Computer Science additional requirements include a C+ (plus) in Mathematics and Physics.
For BSc. Environmental Health you also require a C+ (plus) in Biology and Chemistry, and C (plain) in Mathematics or Diploma in Environmental Health, Diploma in Applied Biology or related areas.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
Courses Offered at Daystar University School of Law
Requirements for the Law course at Daystar University include a minimum of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent, a B plain in English or Kiswahili, or a diploma in Law with a minimum Credit Pass or a Degree in any other field from a recognized institution.
Applicants will also be required to pass an entrance examination administered by the Daystar University School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
Daystar University Important Links
1. Daystar University Student portal: portal.daystar.ac.ke
Here you can log in to manage your course, access your degree progress report, review your financial information and get in touch with the university support services.
2. E-Learning Portal: elearning.daystar.ac.ke
3. Daystar University Fee Structure
You can find the latest fee structure by downloading this fee structure pdf file from the Daystar University website. The fees are for self-sponsored students.
4. How to apply for courses at Daystar
Application procedures, both physical and online, can be found on this link: daystar.ac.ke/apply-to-daystar.html
- KMTC Diploma Courses and Requirements
- NITA Kenya Courses and Requirements
- Courses You Can do With a D+, D or D-