Baringo Technical College is a public technical training institution registered as a TVET college by the Ministry of Education to offer artisan, craft, diploma, and CBET courses in various technical fields.
Baringo Technical College is located in Kapsoo along Kabarnet -Tenges Road, 6km from Kabarnet Town.
Courses at Baringo Technical college are majorly examined by KNEC apart from CBET courses which have CDACC as the major examination body.
If you apply through the KUCCPS portal, you will qualify for the government TVET fees subsidy of Ksh. 30,000 per academic year, plus access to HELB loans from the government.
Read: Eldoret National Polytechnic Courses, Requirements, Fee Structure
Baring Technical College Entry Requirements
Students can enter the Artisan level with just a KCPE certificate and proceed on to the Craft level. Direct entry to Craft requires at least D plain in KCSE.
Diploma courses require a minimum of C- in KCSE or a relevant craft certificate. Students have an opportunity to pursue higher courses at Baringo Tech after completing a level.
Artisan courses take 1 year to complete while craft courses go for 2 years per module to finish. Diploma courses take 2 to 3 years per module depending on the technicality of the course.
Diploma Courses at Baringo TC
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Computer Studies (TEP)
- Diploma in Information Science
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Management
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Diploma in Fashion and Design
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Geoscience
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Co-operative Management
- Diploma in Accountancy (TEP)
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Diploma in Land Survey
- Diploma in Quantity Survey
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Building Technology
Craft Courses at Baringo TC
- Craft in Information Science
- Craft in Information Communication Technology
- Craft in Fashion Design & Garment Making
- Craft in Food and Beverage
- Craft in Nutrition & Dietetics Management
- Craft in Automatic Engineering
- Craft in Petroleum Geoscience
- Craft in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- Craft in General Agriculture (TEP)
- Craft in Land Survey
- Craft in Quantity Survey
- Craft in Building Technology
- Craft in Plumbing (TEP)
- Craft in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Craft in Business Management
- Craft in Human Resource Management
- Craft in Social Work and Community Development
- Craft in Co-operative Management (TEP)
- Craft in Computerized Secretarial
- Craft in Supply Chain Management
Artisan Courses at Baringo TC
- Artisan in Garment Making
- Artisan in Food and Beverage
- Artisan in Welding and Fabricating
- Artisan in Plumbing
- Artisan in Masonry
- Artisan in Electrical Engineering
- Artisan in Store Keeping
CBET Courses at Baringo Technical College
Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) courses are examined by CDACC and require a D plain and above in KCSE, and take 1 year per level to complete.
- Information Communication Technology Level 5
- Nutrition and Dietetics Level 5
- Building Technology Level 6 (C-, 2 years)
- Automotive Level 5
- Electrical Technician Level 5
Read: Eldoret Technical Training Institute (TTI) Courses
How to Apply for Courses at Baringo TC
The easiest and best way of applying for a course at the institution is through the KUCCPS student portal, when open for placements. You will pay less course fees if use this route.
You can also download fill the admission form available from Baringo Technical College website.
You could also apply online on the Baringo TC students portal by following simple instructions.
Baringo Tech Contacts
Postal Address: P.O Box 299 – 30400 Kabarnet.
Physical location: Kapsoo along Kabarnet – Tenges Road (6km from Kabarnet Town)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org