The deadline for applications for TVET placement for various courses through KUCCPS is on Thursday, November 5th, 2020. Barely two days remaining to close the online students portal for any further applications this year. Eligible for application are those who missed the last placement to diploma, certificate and artisan courses, in any year.
You have a chance to apply for a TVET course of your choice in any National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutes or other Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
The online application for TVET training student portal opened on Thursday, October 15, 2020, and will be closed on Thursday, November 5, 2020 for the TVET Continuous Placement to Diploma, Certificate and Artisan courses.
Minimum Requirements for TVET Applications on KUCCPS Students Portal
This chance is for all those KCSE graduates who are Kenyan citizens and have never benefitted before from Government sponsorship no matter the year they sat for their KCSE examination.
The minimum requirements for applicants are:
- Mean Grade of D – (minus) and below for Artisan Certificate Courses
- Mean Grade of D (plain) and above for Craft Certificate Courses; and
- Mean Grade of C – (Minus) and above for Diploma Courses.
How to Apply for TVET Courses
All applications must be done online through the Student’s Portal on the KUCCPS website.
Login with your details; Username: Full KCSE index number, Year: Year you sat for KCSE, and Password: Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Full index number.
Follow this procedure to apply:
- Click on the programmes tab to view available courses
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes for the course in the institution of your choice
- To apply, click on the Application/Revision tab
- Enter the Programme Codes and Submit
- An application processing fee of Ksh 1,500 is charged (If you applied in school and paid Ksh 500, you should pay only Ksh 1,000 to revise choices)
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear if you are revising/applying for the first time
- Enter the Transaction Code and submit
- The same Transaction Code will be required for any subsequent changes to your application. Therefore, you are advised to retain it.
How to Pay for KUCCPS Application Using M-PESA
Carefully go through the following stops for Mpesa payment at the tail end of your application for TVET courses;
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space), e.g if your full index number is 30792016001, and the year of KCSE is 2019, you will enter 201930792016001 as the account number in Lipa na M-pesa menu
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
CAUTION! Do not make any payment before you see a prompt alert from KUCCPS on your screen or after the application deadline has passed!
KUCCPS Application Assistance
You can get help through the Huduma Centres in Nairobi (GPO and Makadara), Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Garissa, Kitui, Eldoret, Kakamega, Meru and Nakuru.
You can also contact KUCCPS customer care on the numbers: 020 5137400, 0723954927, or 0734879662.
- KUCCPS: How to Apply for Inter University Transfer
- Courses You Can do With a D+, D or D-
- How To Check if Your HELB Loan is Disbursed
- HELB Loan Application Process for First Time Applicants
- Public TVET Colleges in Kenya
- Courses Offered at Kenya Institute of Management, Fees and Duration
- NITA Kenya Courses, Course Duration, Requirements and Fee Structure
- List of KMTC Diploma Courses, KMTC Courses Duration and Minimum Requirements
- KMTC Short Courses, Campus, Duration and Fees