JKUAT, or Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, is a public university in Kenya that provides a diverse selection of programs, including diploma courses in different technical and professional areas. The main campus is situated in Juja, on the Thika Super Highway and approximately 36 km away from Nairobi’s central business district.
JKUAT has several other campuses including in Nairobi CBD, Karen, Kisii, Kitale, Mombasa, Kakamega, Westlands, Kisumu, Keiyian, Transmara, Nairobi’s KQ-Pride Center, and Eldoret.
Enrollment for the diploma courses is done three times a year in January, May, and September. Most of the diploma courses at JKUAT run for 18 months while certificate programs take 4 months, both full-time and part-time.
Diploma Courses at JKUAT and Requirements
Diploma courses require a KCSE certificate with C- (Minus) mean grade, with at least D+ (plus) in Mathematics and English, or KCE Division II, or a relevant certificate with credit pass, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate.
Additional requirements for each course are indicated in brackets.
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in County Governance
- Diploma in Transport and Logistics
- Diploma in Business Information Technology (KCSE C plain, and C- in Mathematics and English)
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Microfinance
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Mass Communication ( C- (minus) in English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Community Development ( C- (minus) in English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Public Relations ( C- (minus) in English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management ( KCSE with C (Plain) and C- (minus) in either English or Kiswahili)
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Geographic Information Science
- Diploma in Architecture (KCSE with C (plain) or equivalent and C- (minus) in English/Kiswahili, Mathematics, Physics, Geography/Drawing and Design or Art and Design, or History and Government or Chemistry)
- Diploma in HIV/Aids Management & Counseling (ODEL – KCSE with C (plain) and C- (minus) in English/Kiswahili and Biology )
- Diploma in Credit Management (KASNEB)
- Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD)
How to Apply for the Diploma Courses
Applications can be made through forms obtainable from the office of the Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies or from the respective Campuses upon payment of a non-refundable application fee of Kshs. 1,500 (Kenya shillings one thousand five hundred only) cash or at Barclays Bank AC/NO 0775001216.
The application forms may also be downloaded from the JKUAT website: www.jkuat.ac.ke
Original payment receipt will be given by Cashier at JKUAT Finance office upon payment of the application fee or upon presenting the bank pay in slip.
You can also apply for the courses online on the JKUAT admission portal.
- JKUAT Students portal: portal.jkuat.ac.ke
- Apply for courses online and check requirements, visit: admission.jkuat.ac.ke
For any queries regarding diploma courses and applications you can contact JKUAT by any of the following means:
- The Director, BPS, JKUAT, Tel: 067-52711 Ext. 6114
- Mobile Phone: 0708-602-225
- Email: email@example.com
- KASNEB Accredited Institutions and Locations
- Courses Offered at Nakuru Training Institute
- List of Courses Offered at NIBS Technical College
- PC Kinyanjui Technical Training Institute Courses
- NITA Kenya Courses, Course Duration, Requirements and Fee Structure