The Nakuru Training Institute (NTI) is a registered TVET institution located in Nakuru county, about 156 km from Nairobi. Nakuru Training Institute offers a range of CBET, certificate, and diploma courses that provide skills that meet the gaps in the dynamic industries.
NTI was established in 2002 by Nakuru Christian Professionals Association (NCPA) with a vision to provide a vibrant, holistically transformed community living in dignity, and offer quality training to the community of Nakuru and beyond, guided by Christian values for the transformation of the society.
Nakuru Training Institute is approved by TVETA, KASNEB, KNEC, NITA, ICDL, Cisco Networking Academy, and City & Guilds to offer quality training and assessment.
NTI offers courses from Grade 3, Artisan levels up to Diploma levels.
Nakuru Training Institute Courses, Requirements
1. ICT Courses
Enrolment to craft level requires a D plain in KCSE. Direct entry into diploma level requires a C- (minus) in KCSE or a
pass in craft module 1 and module 2.
- Diploma in ICT (3 semesters – intakes in Jan, Feb, June and July.)
- Certificate in ICT (2 semesters – intakes in Jan, Feb, June and July)
- CCNA I-IV (Monthly)
- ICDL (7 Modules – 3 Months – intakes monthly)
- ICDL (Advanced – 2 Months – monthly)
- Computerized Accounts (1 1/2 Months)
- Computer Certificate I (Packages – 3 Months – intakes monthly)
- Computer Certificate II (4 Months)
- I.T Essentials(Software & Hardware) (2 Months)
- Digital Citizen (4 Days – weekly)
- Introduction to Cyber Security (1 Month – monthly intake)
- Introduction to IoT (1 Month – monthly intake)
- Linux Essentials (1 Month)
- Essentials In Programming C++ (1 Month)
- Advanced Programming C++ (1 Month)
2. Hairdressing & Beauty Courses
Examined by NITA and City & Guilds.
Hairdressing courses include Braiding, Creative Styling, Weaving, Hair Relaxing and Barbering.
Beauty Therapy courses include Makeup (Bridal, Day, Evening, and Fancy), Pedicures, Manicures, Nail Technology, Facials, Body Massage, Reflexology and Hot Stone Massage services.
3. Fashion and Design Courses
Grade 3 to grade 1 courses entailing selection of materials for various garments, fashion and design techniques, and production.
Includes Tailoring & Dress Making Grade 3 to 1.
4. Business and Accounts Courses
- Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) (KCSE D plain)
- Diploma in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) (KCSE C-, IGCSE grade D)
- Craft Certificate in Human Resource Management (D+)
- Diploma in Business Management (C-)
- Craft Certificate in Business Management (D plain)
- Craft Certificate in Project Management (D plain)
- Diploma in Project Management (C-)
5. Food and Beverage Courses
Artisan courses are open to all with a KCPE certificate and take 1 year to complete.
Craft certificate requires a D plain in KCSE or pass in Artisan and takes a duration of 2 years.
Diploma takes 3 years and requires a pass in a Craft course or a C- in KCSE.
- Artisan Food and Beverage
- Craft Certificate in Food and Beverage
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Cake Making and Decoration
- Practical cookery
- Soap and Detergents making
- Yoghurt making
6. Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
Grade Test III, II, I examined by NITA and is open to all.
Intakes are in January, May and September
7. Electrical Wireman
Grade 3 to Grade 1 skills training in Electrical wireman. The course starts at Grade 3, and admission is open to all.
The course duration is 3 months per grade, fully practical with 1-month industrial attachments/ workplace training in April, August and December.
Students then book for NITA assessments, usually conducted in April, August and December.
Nakuru Training Institute Course Application
You can apply for courses at Nakuru Training Institute by visiting the NTI online course application portal.
For further information, you can contact NTI on +254722512129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also check for the current fee structure for each case and any other information on the NTI website: ncti.ac.ke/wordpress
- Bandari Maritime Academy Courses, Requirements and Fees
- Zetech university Courses and Minimum Requirements
- Eldoret Technical Training Institute (TTI) Courses
- Rift Valley Technical Training Institute Courses, Requirements
- Courses offered at Kenya Industrial Training Institute, KITI, Duration and Requirements