Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology (KWUST) is a women-only private university in Kenya founded in 2002 and is accredited by the Commission for University Education (CUE). KWUST offers a range of courses leading to degrees, diplomas, and certificates in Sciences, Business and Management, and Computer Science.
The university’s main objective is to bridge the gap in gender representation in higher education as well as to contribute to the social and economic development of the country.
KWUST’s main campus is located in Mhihoko, Githurai, Kasarani, off Thika Road, Nairobi.
Courses Offered at Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Science Mathematics
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Banking & Finance
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Procurement & Supplies Management
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Information Communication Technology
Minimum Academic Requirements for Courses at KWUST
At Kiriri Women’s University of Science and Technology, each course has its own minimum academic qualifications required.
Degree Courses Academic Requirements
To pursue a degree course at KWUST, you must have scored a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) in KCSE. In addition, you must also have passed with a grade of C (Plain) in Mathematics and English.
Computer Science degree requires applicants to have taken Physics or Physical Science in Secondary School.
You can also take a degree course at KWUST if you have a diploma in relevant subjects, from a recognized institution, with at least a credit pass.
Diploma Courses Academic Requirements
Diploma courses at KWUST require at least a KCSE mean grade of C- (Minus).
A diploma in ICT requires a C- (Minus) in Mathematics, English/Kiswahili in addition.
For non KCSE applicants wishing to apply for diplomas and degrees, you require any of the following basic qualifications:
IGCSE: 5 upper level passes
GCE: 5 “O” Level passes with C and above and/or Principal C at “A” Level
12TH Grade: GPA of 2.5.
Students from countries that do not sit any of the above examinations and have completed secondary school will be required to sit a special qualifying examination.
KUWST Course Application Procedures
You can get application forms for the degree programs from the Admissions Office at a non-refundable fee of Ksh. 1,000 for local applicants and US$ 55 for foreign applicants.
Completed application forms should be returned with the following attachments:
- Relevant result slip
- School leaving certificate
- 2 letters of reference one of which should be from the Principal of the high school attended
- 3 recent passport-sized photographs.
To be considered for admission for a diploma, a student must submit the following:
- A completed application form obtainable from the admissions office
- Kshs.1,000 non-refundable application fee
- Secondary school examination results and recommendations
- A medical report from a recognized physician
- 4 passport-sized photographs.
Each applicant is supposed to obtain two forms of reference to be filled by a school official and a teacher who taught her in her last two years of high school.
The recommendation forms are available at the KWUST admissions office.
You can also download the application, recommendation, and scholarship forms from the KWUST website: www.kwust.ac.ke/admissions
Students portal: studentportal.kwust.ac.ke
- Main Campus: Githurai, off Thika Road, Nairobi
- Westlands, Muguga Green
- Tom Mboya St, Nairobi, Next to Fire Station
P.O. BOX 49274 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 2042692/3
Mobile: +254 736 329642 or +254 718 896 389
- JKUAT Diploma, Certificate and Short Courses
- Kenyatta University Certificate Courses, Requirements and Fees
- Waithaka Technical Training Centre Courses
- Nairobi Technical Training Institute Courses and Requirements