The Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company, NCWSC, has provided several ways in which the residents of Nairobi county can conveniently enquire and pay for water bill without visiting the NCWSC offices. You can access most of the Nairobi services through their USSD short code service *888#.
Services you can access through the Nairobi Water USSD include registering for water e-bills, query bill, pay bill, bowser services, and water and sewer services.
How to Check the Nairobi Water Bill
1. Check Bill by SMS
To check your water bill by SMS, compose a text message with your Nairobi Water account number and send it to 20557.
You will receive a message detailing your current bill.
This method is quite challenging and may charge more compared to your normal SMS rates.
2. Check Water Bill through the USSD code *888#
- Dial *888# on your phone and select option 1, Register for e-bills
- Enter the account to be enrolled for E-Bills and press Send
- To check your bill, dial *888# and select option 2, Query bill
- Enter your Nairobi water account number and Send.
- This method is cheaper and may cost only 2 shillings.
3. Check Water Bill Online
- Go to the Nairobi Water online portal: portal.nairobiwater.co.ke
- Enter your registered email and password if you have, otherwise press Register
- Next, complete the form with your details and click Register
- Go to your email inbox and open the message sent by the Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company
- Copy the verification OTP code given and enter it in OTP Prompt, then click confirm OTP
- Next click Login
You will be presented with a screen with the option to access Self Care or Water/Sewer Application.
- Select the Self Care option to query your water bill online
- Click ADD Account if you don’t see your Nairobi Water Meter account
- Next, click on My Accounts to see your latest bill and account balance.
How to Pay your Nairobi Water Bill
You can make water bill payments through Mpesa, Airtel Money, and Equitel. You can also pay the bill through apps and USSD codes of Citi bank, Cooperative bank, ABSA, NCBA, Sidian bank, and Diamond Trust Bank.
How to Pay Nairobi Water Bill Using M-Pesa
- From the M-PESA Menu, select Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter the Nairobi Water Business Number: 444400
- Enter your water bill Account Number
- Now enter the bill amount you wish to pay
- Next, key in your M-PESA PIN and send
- Confirm your details are correct then press OK
Pay Nairobi Water Bill through Airtel Money
- Go to Airtel Money and select Make Payments
- Next, select Paybill
- Select the option Nairobi Water
- Put the amount you like to pay in Ksh.
- Enter your Airtel Money PIN
- Under Reference, key in your Nairobi Water Account number and finish the process
Pay for Nairobi Water Bill through Equitel
- Select My Money from the Equitel menu
- Next, select send/pay
- Then select account number
- Select paybill then business
- Now, choose bill to pay: Nairobi Water – 6800002
- Enter your Nairobi Water bill account number
- Next, enter the amount and confirm that all details are correct.
Nairobi Water Contacts
Call Centre working hours: 7.30 a.m. to 9.30 p.m., Monday to Friday