After the process of applying for the Higher Education Loans Board loan, you can track the status of your HELB loan disbursement through the HELB student portal.
The following guidelines will take you through a step by step process to help you know if your HELB loan application is successful.
- Visit the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
- Click on Student Portal link
- Look for the Login link on the page and click on it
- Now, enter your login details (email address and password) and press enter or click login
- Click on the link that is written “Loan Status“
- Next, click on “Disbursement“
- A page will appear with details of your loan disbursement status
- You can now check the amount awarded to you and date disbursed
You can also check with the bank whose details you used to apply HELB with, for a statement of the account.
The coop bank HELB Smart Card also gives you the ability to check your HELB loan disbursement.
The HELB Smart Card is a pre-loaded card that is linked directly to your university or college and allows you to easily access your money and HELB disbursements.
Features of the HELB Smart Card
The HELB Smart Card’s features include;
- Multi-wallet card with 3 wallet accounts (Tuition, Upkeep & VISA)
- The student’s names
- The university’s name and logo
- The student’s photo
- The student’s course
- The student’s registration number
- Access barcode at the back of the card
- Usage at any VISA branded ATMs and POS terminals worldwide
- The card will be Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled
- Ability to receive funds from other sources like HELB
- Reloadable on the VISA wallet
According to Cooperative bank Kenya, the card gives you the following benefits;
- Better budgeting and planning tool
- Several transaction access points, for example, Co-op ATMs, Agents, VISA branded ATMs and Merchants
- Ease of use anywhere/availability
- Flexibility of disbursements
For your safety and security please ensure that you;
- DO NOT share your PIN
- DO NOT write your PIN on the card or anywhere else
- Keep your card safe at all times