Mobile banking has indeed revolutionized self-care banking services in Kenya, thanks to the advent of mobile money transfer technology. You can now easily perform banking services through your phone without the need to visit a physical bank branch. Cooperative Bank has embraced this trend by providing a variety of mobile banking services to its customers accessible from anywhere they may be.
But before you can enjoy Co-operative Bank mobile banking through the convenience of your phone, you first have to register for mobile banking and link your phone number.
This service is available to customers of Safaricom and Airtel with active SIM cards that are registered for mobile money services.
Co-op Bank has a mobile banking platform called MCo-op Cash, which can be accessed through a USSD code or mobile App.
Some of the services you can access on MCo-op Cash mobile banking include:
- Check account balance
- Send money to MPesa, Airtel, and between bank accounts
- Pay bills
- Buy MPesa float
- Borrow salary advance or business e-loans
- Buy goods and services
- Withdraw cash at an ATM without a debit card
- Buy M-Pesa float
- Buy KPLC tokens
How to Register for Co-operative Bank MCo-op Cash Mobile Banking
- Dial *667# on your Safaricom or Airtel line
- Select a language, English or Swahili
- Enter your Surname as it appears on your ID or Passport
- Enter other names as they appear on your ID or Passport
- Enter your ID or Passport Number then Press OK
- Select ‘Yes’ if you have an account with Cooperative Bank
- Accept the MCo-op Cash terms and conditions and finish your registration
- An SMS with your pin will be sent to your phone indicating that you have been partially registered
- Another SMS will follow shortly confirming your full registration
- To activate the mobile banking account, you might be required to deposit some money into your Mco-op cash
- Visit your nearest Cooperative Bank branch if you want to link your Mco-op cash to your savings, business, or salary account.
You can also register for MCo-op cash mobile banking by visiting the service desks at your nearest Co-operative Bank branch with your original ID card or passport. Once your details are confirmed, your mobile number will be linked to your bank account.
You will then receive a One-time PIN through the mobile number provided during the registration process. To access the mobile banking platform, dial *667# and input the provided PIN.
During your first login, you will be prompted to change the PIN to your preferred 4-digit code.
Cooperative Bank mobile banking services can also be accessed using the toll-free USSD code *266#. But there are some services you cannot access with this USSD code.
These include checking for account balance, transferring money to other accounts, and borrowing e-loans. But it is useful especially when you’ve run out of credit.