The Ministry of Health has set up a self-service Covid-19 online registration portal for all people within the republic of Kenya to aid in the Covid-19 vaccination process.
On the Ministry of Health portal, Chanjo KE, you can register for vaccination, view your vaccination schedule, and access or download the Covid-19 certificate.
The portal allows you to download your Covid-19 vaccination certificate even just after receiving your first dose.
How to Register for Covid-19 Vaccination
To register for Covid-19 vaccination, do the following steps:
Step I: Signing Up
- Go to the Ministry of Health Portal: portal.health.go.ke
- Click on the button: Create Account
- Next, under the question “have you been vaccinated?” choose No
- Now, choose Identification type (either National ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Alien ID, or Military ID)
- Enter Identification Number of the document type selected above
- Next, Enter your email address
- Select your country code and enter your phone number
- Enter your preferred password and Confirm
- Now, Click Sign Up.
Take note that you will need to provide the Identification Type you selected (National ID or Passport or Alien ID, etc) to the health facility during vaccination.
Step II: Registration Details
After signing up, you will be presented with a registration form.
Here, all inputs with an asterisk (*) must be filled in. Your identification is very important hence ensure you enter the right and correct details.
Ensure you provide the correct contact details as they will be used to send you an SMS text message detailing your next vaccination schedule.
You will need to fill in the following information correctly:
- Your next of kin details (ID number, names, phone number, etc)
- Select your location of residence
- Select any allergies/pre-existing conditions that you have. If they are not in the list, fill in using the other allergies/conditions option.
Finally, confirm your details then click Submit to complete the registration.
How to View and Download Covid-19 Certificate
After the initial dose or full vaccination, you can access your Covid-19 vaccination on the Ministry of health Covid-19 Registry.
Here is how to access your Covid-19 vaccination schedule and certificate:
- First, you need Login by providing your Identification Number and Password you used during the Sign Up process.
- If you don’t have an account yet you can follow the above process to Sign you up.
If you have forgotten or don’t know your password, click on “Lost Password?” at the bottom of the form.
- Enter ID or Passport Number used during registration.
- Next click Get OTP.
- An OTP code will be sent to the phone number you provided during registration.
- Click Reset Password.
- You can now edit your details with your preferred Password.
After successful login, you will be redirected to Chanjo KE Dashboard.
- Click on View Your Info
- Next, click on View Certificate
- You can Click Download Certificate to save a pdf copy on your device
- The certificate confirms that you have been vaccinated and details the dose, date administered and the type of vaccine administered.
- The certificate also shows your next dose schedule if not fully inoculated.
- You can also click on the menu “Vaccination Schedule” to check your next date for the second dose.
- NHIF Branches, Offices Location and Contacts
- How to Pay NHIF Premiums, Penalties, and View Account Status
- How to Choose or Change NHIF Outpatient Facility Online, USSD Code or App
- List of NHIF Outpatient Hospitals in Kiambu County and Hospital Codes