TSC is a government body mandated to register, deploy, and discipline teachers in Kenyan public schools. Teaching is a noble career and at the same time a calling. You need passion in your work to find joy in what you do. Especially nurturing young people and see them succeed through life. That’s is a blessing. In this guide, we will help you on how to apply for TSC number and TSC certificate, and the requirements required before getting approved by the TSC.
If you supply all the documents required and you meet all the minimum requirements, you could get your TSC number approved within 30 days.
The TSC normally publishes the list of registered and approved teachers annually on their website.
TSC does not accept paper applications, so everything is done online nowadays.
Minimum Requirements for TSC Teacher Application
Depending on your education level, you will need to have at least the following grades in KCSE:
- Certificate: C Plain in KCSE
- Diploma: C+ (plus) at KCSE
- Degree: C+ (plus) at KCSE
Primary teachers require a minimum of P1 before applying for the TSC number or certificate.
On the other hand, secondary school teachers are required to have a diploma or degree in education with two teaching subjects. You must have scored at least C+ in the two subjects and a mean grade of C+ in KCSE.
- New TSC Score Sheet for Recruitment and Replacement, Employment Guidelines, 2020
- TSC Marketable Subject Combination for Secondary Schools
TSC Number Application Requirements
You will need to have these documents before applying for the TSC number;
- Up to date Certificate of Good Conduct
- KRA pin
- GP 69 Medical form
- One passport size photos
- Your National Identity Card
- Certified copies of academic and professional documents
- For non citizens, work permit and from the Immigration Department
- Bank Deposit Slip
In addition, a non refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/- should be deposited to the TSC Registration Account National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001000905001).
You can also use the Pay Bill Business Number 625625 to pay the fee required for processing your certificate.
- Only original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
- For Expatriate Teachers, attach a letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education Vetting Committee.
- For Duplicate Certificate Application a non refundable fee of Kshs. 2055/- should be deposited to the TSC Registration Account, National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001005707400.
How to Apply and Register for TSC Number and Certificate
- Visit teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/Regintro.aspx
- Enter your ID number and Surname, then click Next
- In the form that appears, accurately fill your personal details and click Next
- Continue through and upload scanned copies of all the required documents
- Finally, you will reach section C where you will enter other details including the Major and Minor subjects you studied.
- Select the mode of payment, and type the pay-in slip number
- Save and finalize after confirming every detail is correct
- List of TSC AON Maternity Hospitals for Teachers in Kenya, 2020
- AON Optical Hospitals, An Updated List, 2020
- List of AON Hospitals in Migori County
- AON Hospitals in Mombasa, 2020
- List of AON Hospitals in Nairobi County, 2020
- TSC AON Referral Hospitals
- AON Teachers Dental Service Hospital Providers
- Teachers AON Minet Medical Scheme Details