iPesa loan app, with over 5 million downloads on the Google Play store, is a popular mobile loan application offering emergency loans to those needing immediate financial assistance. iPesa offers loans from Ksh. 500 to Ksh. 50,000 depending on your ability to repay. One needs to be above 18 years and have a national ID card to be eligible for a loan. You can easily download iPesa app from the Play Store before applying for a loan.
The loan borrowed attracts an upfront charge of between 18% and 36%, depending on your risk profile and loan tenure. The shortest repayment term is 91 days and the longest is 180 days.
Like many mobile loan apps in Kenya, to determine your loan limit, the app scans your SMS history including MPesa transactions in order to know more about you and create your first credit history.
To grow your iPesa loan limit, borrow frequently on the app and repay your loans on time. This will build a good credit history with iPesa and increase your loan limit with time.
How to Download iPesa Loan App
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone
- Search for iPesa Loan App
- Install the app named “iPesa – Credit Loan to M-Pesa”
- Wait for the installation to complete and then open the app
- Allow the app permissions to access messages, contacts, media, camera, device information, location, and so on
- Next, enter your MPesa phone number and click continue
- Now, enter the verification OTP received
- Enter and confirm your desired secure login PIN
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and then tap on the “Register” button
How to Apply for iPesa Loan
- Open the iPesa app and login with your details
- As a new user of iPesa, you will be required to provide some information
- Enter your personal info like name, gender, education level and email address
- Next, enter your work status and income details
- Enter your family details like marital status, address and emergency contacts
- Next, your loan limit will be calculated and displayed on the screen
- Select the amount you wish to apply for
- Select the repayment period and then Apply
- Confirm the amount applying for, repayment period and fees, and then hit Submit
- In a short while, you will receive the loan in your MPesa, minus the charges deducted upfront
How to Repay the Loan
- Go to the M-PESA menu from your Sim Toolkit or dial *334#
- Open Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter the iPesa Business number 192010
- For Account Number, enter your MPesa number registered on iPesa app
- Enter the loan amount you wish to repay
- Enter your MPesa PIN
- Confirm the details and then send to complete the transaction
Remember, late loan repayment attracts a rollover fee of 2% per day on the amount borrowed.
You can reach out to iPesa customer care in either of the following ways:
- Physical Address: Adlife Plaza, Chania Avenue, Nairobi.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- Phone Number: +05488888888
- Website: ipesa.cc