Branch has been operating in Kenya since 2015. The branch loan app is available in Kenya, India, Nigeria, and Tanzania and has over 10 million downloads and a 4.5 rating from over 640,000 reviews on Google’s Play Store, by the time of writing this article.
Branch loan app Kenya offers loans from Ksh. 250 to Ksh. 100,000 depending on the borrowing history and risk profile of the customer.
A new customer can make a Branch loan application online on the Branch app for loan terms between 28 days and 62 days. As you build your credit history, the borrowing period is adjusted up to 52 weeks ( 1 year).
Like other mobile loan apps in Kenya, Branch uses your location, contacts, M-Pesa, and text messages to help understand your trustworthiness and to set your loan limit, and decide whether to give you a loan or not.
If you find that you do not qualify for a branch loan, do not uninstall the app from your phone. Wait for some days and keep checking time after time, making sure that your credit history on CRB is clean, and that your M-Pesa messages are not deleted.
Branch Loan Interest Rates
Branch loan app interest rates range from 1.7% to 17.6% per month and majorly depend on the customer’s credit history and risk profile.
The 4 to 52 weeks loan term attracts interest rates in the range of 17% to 35%. The interests charged depend on the amount you wish to borrow and the duration of the loan.
The loan app does not have a rollover fee if you fail to pay your loan on time. However, you risk being listed on CRB.
How to Register on Branch App
Before you can apply for a Branch loan on the app, you have to register first by downloading the Branch loan app (APK) and filling in simple questions online.
Here is how to download the Branch app and register online:
- First, go to Play Store and search for branch loan app (for Android phone users)
- Press the Install button
- Once installed, press open
- You may have to give the app access to your messages, contacts, and location before being allowed to continue
- You have the option of signing up with Facebook or an M-Pesa mobile number
- Fill in simple personal information online like name, M-Pesa phone number, ID, country and date of birth. Be as honest as possible.
- After the form is submitted, the Branch loan app will review your details and indicate your initial loan limit
How to Apply for a Branch Loan Instantly
follow these simple steps to easily make a Branch loan application online:
- To apply for a loan, first take note of your loan limit given
- Next, select the principal you want (press the Loans menu if the principle is not visible)
- Press Continue
- You can click the pencil to adjust the principal, or if satisfied, Select the Loan Terms (between 28 days and 62 days initially)
- The total amount due is displayed against every loan duration
- Click Continue to take you to the Confirm Deposit Account page
- Select the Phone number you want the money to be deposited (you can give someone else’s M-Pesa number if you desire)
- Next, press Apply
- After a short while, the money will be deposited directly into the M-Pesa whose mobile number you have given.
How to Repay Branch Loan
To repay your branch loan via business number, follow the steps:
- Go to the Lipa na M-Pesa Menu and select Pay Bill
- You can also access Lipa na MPesa option by dialing *334#
- Enter Branch Paybill number 998608 as Business Number
- Next, enter the account number as the M-Pesa number on which you received the Branch loan
- Enter the loan repayment amount
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN
- Confirm that the details are correct and then send
You can also repay the loan through the Branch app itself. To do this:
- Open and login on the Branch app (using Facebook or your mobile phone number option)
- Then select the My Loan menu
- Press onTap to Pay
- Select the loan amount you want to repay
- Next, press Pay
- M-Pesa will pop up on your screen
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and continue
Branch Loan App Contact Information
Physical location: 10th Floor, Reliable Towers, 11 Mogotio Road, Off Chiromo Lane, Westlands, Nairobi.
Mobile Phone number: +254 711 995555
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/branchkenya
Twitter handle: @branch_co