Mathenge Technical Training Institute is a government-sponsored public TVET college in Nyeri County offering practical training in a wide range of courses in artisan, certificate, and diploma levels. Since its launch in 1984, Mathenge TTI has continued to post impressive KNEC examination results at all levels.
The institute is located 18 km from Nyeri town and 12 km from Othaya town, off the Nyeri Othaya Road, along Kagere Munyage Road.
Course Requirements and How to Apply
Diploma courses require a C- and above in KCSE while certificate courses require at least a D plain. Artisan courses require just a KCSE certificate (D- or E), or KCPE with 200 marks and above.
To apply for courses, visit the Mathenge Technical Training Institute website and download the application form. Attach photocopies of KCSE and KCPE result slips/ certificates, Birth Certificate, and any other testimonials before sending or emailing the completed document to the principal.
You can also apply through the KUCCPS students portal when open to receive TVET applications.
You can then pick your admission letter from the Mathenge TTI registrar’s office, download it from the website, or get it through your email address (or request it is sent to your email address.)
Read: Nyeri National Polytechnic Courses, Requirements, Fees.
Courses Offered at Mathenge Technical Training Institute
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Management service
- Diploma in Catering & Accommodation Management
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Clothing Technology
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in marketing
- Diploma in Human Resources management
- Diploma in Business management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Co-operative Management
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Water Technology (TEP)
- Craft in Food & Beverage Management
- Craft in Catering & Accommodation Operations
- Craft in Automotive Engineering
- Craft in Fashion Design & Garment Making Technology
- Craft in Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Craft in Building Technology
- Craft in Sales and marketing
- Craft in Business Management
- Craft in Supply Chain Management
- Craft in Co-operative Management
- Craft in Information Communications Technology
- Craft in Plumbing and Water Services (TEP)
- Artisan in Plumbing and Water Services
- Artisan in Masonry Intake
- Artisan in Motor Vehicle Mechanic Intake
- Artisan in Garment Making Intake
- Artisan in Welding & Fabrication Intake
- Artisan in Electrical Installation Intake
- Artisan in Food and Beverage
- Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy (NITA)
Short/ Holiday Courses
- Driving (KCSE)
- Computer Packages (KCSE)
- Diploma & Craft in Catering & Accommodation Courses (April, August and December – KCSE)
Mathenge Technical Training Institute Fee Structure
The fees for artisan, craft and diploma courses is Ksh. 56,420 per year. Government-sponsored students, who apply through KUCCPS, will pay Ksh. 26,420, after the government’s capitation of Ksh. 30,000 per year.
This does not include external examination and admission fees.
You can still apply for a TVET HELB loan of up to Ksh. 40,000 per year to help you clear the fee balance, and the remaining money to cater for your upkeep.
Mathenge TTI Contacts
P. O. Box 665-10106, Othaya – Nyeri,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com