Recently, the Ministry of Education released a list of secondary school set books for Literature in English and Fasihi ya Kiswahili for use by Secondary Schools for the period 2022 to 2026.
The Ministry indicated that some of the texts are to be studied by Form 3 students beginning April 2022, while others would be used beginning in January 2023.
The new secondary school set books, which are approved by the KICD, are replacing those that have been in use for 5 years since 2017. The duration for the study of set books is 5 years.
Approved Secondary School Set Books for the Period 2022 to 2026
These set books are approved by KICD 2021, school editions.
Literature in English Set Books
(i) Literature in English – Compulsory Set Books
- Fathers of Nations – Novel (by Paul B. Vitta, Oxford University Press)
- The Samaritan – Play (by John Lara, Kenya Literature Bureau)
(ii) Literature in English – Optional Set Books
- Artist of the Floating World – Novel (by Kazuo Ishiguro, Longhorn Publishers)
- A Silent Song and Other Stories – Anthology of Short Stories (edited by Godwin Siundu, Spotlight Publishers)
- A Parliament of Owls – Optional Play (by Adipo Sidang, East African Educational Publishers)
Fasihi ya Kiswahili Set Books
Fasihi Compulsory Set Books
- Bembea – Tamthilia (by Dr. Timothy Moriasi, Access Publishers)
- Mapambazuko ya Machweo na Hadithi Nyingine – Hadithi Fupi (Mountaintop Publishers)
- Nguu za Jadi – Riwaya (by Prof. Clara Momanyi, Queenex Publishers)
- Revised School Term Dates
- Certificate, Professional and Short Courses at JKUAT
- List of Accredited Engineering Courses in Kenyan Universities
- How to Apply/Revise for KUCCPS Courses and Colleges Online