Kenya Red Cross Training Institute is an institution registered under TVET to offer practical professional courses and short term courses. The school is well known for courses in paramedics, emergency response, disaster management, and program management courses. The Kenya Red Cross Training Institute’s professional courses are examined by the NITA examination body.
This article lists the Kenya Red Cross academic programmes and short courses like first aid, emergency response, and disaster management courses, and fee structure for the various courses.
Academic Courses Offered at Kenya Red Cross Training Institute
Diploma in Paramedic
This course imparts practical skills in medical sciences and research to enable students to understand emergency treatment protocols and manage complex medical emergencies.
Requirements for a high school graduate is a KCSE mean grade of C plain or its equivalent with a minimum of a C plain in Biology, and English/Swahili, and Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics.
Duration for the paramedic course is 12 months full time and 18 months if going part time. The fee for the whole course is Ksh. 300,000. The intake takes place in January and July.
Certificate in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Provides emergency handling skills needed for pre-hospital care professionals to work in a multi-discipline healthcare team. EMTs work in conjunction with paramedics, nurses, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
This course takes a duration of 9 months full time or 12 months part time and at a fee of Ksh. 115,000.
Minimum requirements for this course include a KCSE mean grade of D+ or its equivalent with a minimum of a D+ in Biology, and C- in either English/Swahili.
The intake is normally in January, May, and September.
Kenya Red Cross Short Courses
1. Short Medical CPD Courses
These courses target professionals in the medical field;
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – takes 1 day.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – takes 3 days, fee Ksh. 25,000.
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) – 3 days, fee Ksh. 30,000.
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses – 3 days.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support – 3 days.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – 3 days, fee Ksh. 20,000.
2. Pre Hospital Course
This course is for volunteers and institutions/corporates with teams of responders who can be able to provide emergency and accurate pre-hospital services to incidences like fire, road accidents, and collapsed buildings. The course takes 5 days.
Ambulance Operator Course
Takes 10 days and targets qualified drivers. The fee is Ksh. 35,000.
3. Occupational Health & Safety Courses
- Basic First Aid – takes 1 day.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support – for doctors, takes 3 days.
- Occupational First Aid – takes 4 days, fee Ksh. 7,000.
- Infant and Baby First Aid – takes 1 day. Targets individuals handling children on a daily basis.
- Basic Fire Safety – 1 day.
- Fire Marshal/Warden – 3 days., fee Ksh. 7,200
4. Program Management courses
- Disaster Management – 10 days, costs a fee of Ksh. 42,000.
- Monitoring and Evaluation – 10 days, costs Ksh 68,000.
- Project Planning and Management – 5 days.
- Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 5 days.
- Leadership Management Development Programmes in Communities – 5 days.
- Behavior Change and Communication – 5 days.
- Advocacy Skills – 5 days.
- Strengthening Human Resources for Health – 10 days.
- Health Emergencies in Large Populations – 10 days.
- Training of Trainers – 10 days.
- Customer Service Excellence – 3 days.
Kenya Red Cross Training Institute Contacts and Location
The institution is located in South C, Red Cross Road, Off Popo Road, Nairobi county.
Phone number: 0705 464 722, 0787 889 533.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For up to date fee structure and course enrolment dates check their Facebook page: facebook.com/KenyaRedCrossTrainingInstitute
- NITA Kenya Courses, Course Duration, Requirements and Fee Structure
- Courses Offered at East Africa School of Aviation EASA
- Diploma Courses, Certificate and Short Courses Offered at KCA University
- List of Courses Offered at NIBS Technical College
- IAT Kenya Courses in Computer and Business, Requirements and Fee Structure