Timiza App is a mobile banking platform from ABSA Bank Kenya PLC. Once you download the Timiza app and register your details, you can apply for an instant loan, send money to MPesa, pay bills, purchase airtime, and even get insurance when you do banking with the app or through the Timiza USSD code *848#.
Moreover, you can open a Timiza Savings Account and earn a monthly interest as high as 9%, sent to your account on a monthly basis.
You don’t need to be an ABSA Bank customer to use this app. And you don’t have to visit any ABSA Bank branch in order to transact with the app.
Timiza Loan Eligibility
To be eligible for a Timiza loan:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid national ID card
- Be a registered Mpesa user for at least 6 months
During the installation process, the Timiza loan app must be allowed to have access to several services on your phone including camera, contacts, location, device details, and messages.
This is to confirm further eligibility of your mobile phone. Timiza app will not operate on a device that is rooted.
How to Download Timiza App and Apply for a Loan
- First, you need to download and install the Timiza app from Google Play Store or App Store
- Open the app after installation
- Enter your Safaricom phone number and ID number to register
- Enter the One Time Password sent to your phone in SMS to register the transaction account
- You will be allowed to enter a secure PIN for accessing the app and USSD services
- You are successfully registered on the app
- Your Timiza loan limit and account balance will be displayed at the top of the screen
- Tap on the My Loan menu
- Select Request Loan
- Select or enter the amount you want to borrow
- Enter the OTP code sent to you via text message and press Continue
- Your loan will immediately reflect in your Timiza wallet/account
How to Apply for Timiza Loan through USSD *848#
- Dial *848# on your Safaricom line registered with Timiza
- Enter your Timiza PIN
- You will see your Loan Limit at the top of the onscreen menu
- Select the option Loan and press Send
- Next, select Request Loan
- Choose the option, Get Cash
- Enter the Amount you want to apply for, subject to your Timiza limit
- Confirm the amount you have applied and send
- You will receive a message from Timiza confirming approval or disapproval of your loan
How to Reset Timiza Password
In case you forget your Timiza password, dial the *848# and select 1 to reset the password.
How to Send Money from Timiza to Mpesa
- Tap on the Send Money icon
- Enter your Timiza registered mobile number
- Enter the amount you wish to transact and press Continue
- Next, enter your Transaction PIN and press Continue
- Enter the OTP code sent to you by SMS and finish the transaction
- You will receive a transaction confirmation message from MPesa and Timiza
You can also dial *848# on your MPesa line and select the option Send to Mpesa.
The amount you can transact at a time on Timiza ranges from Ksh. 50 to Ksh 150,000, with a maximum daily limit set to Ksh. 300,000.
How to Repay your Timiza Loan via Mpesa Paybill
- Open the MPesa menu or dial *334#
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Timiza Business Number 300067
- Now enter your Timiza registered mobile number as the account number
- Next, enter the amount you want to repay
- Enter your Mpesa PIN and confirm the details before sending
Timiza Loan Interest Rates and Fees
Timiza charges an interest rate of 1.083% in addition to a facility charge of 5% on the amount borrowed. The loan repayment period is 30 days. Failure to repay your loan in the stipulated 30 days will attract a rollover fee of 5%.
You can borrow anywhere from Ksh. 50 to Ksh. 100, 000 depending on your loan limit and credit score. Repaying your loan early will boost your chances of getting higher limits.
The more you transact on the Timiza app, save, borrow and repay your loans on time the more your loan limit grows.
Other Services Available on Timiza
- Save and earn Timiza saving interest of up to 9% p.a
- Transfer cash between Timiza and Mpesa
- Check Timiza balances
- Check foreign exchange rates
- Purchase insurance
- Book a cab (on the Mobile app only)
- Pay for KPLC/ZUKU/DSTV/GOTV bills
- Get insurance on personal accident (up to Ksh. 100,000), and funeral expense cover up to Ksh. 50,000. Monthly premiums are Ksh. 42.
- Buy airtime
- Request for a mini statement
- Loan top-up
ABSA Timiza Customer Care Contacts
- Phone: 0709 213 000, 020 42 65 000
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/TimizaKE
- Twitter: twitter.com/timizake