Mobile money technology has now made it very easy to send money from your MPesa account to an Equity Bank account from the comfort of your mobile phone. You can also pay for goods and services directly from your MPesa registered line, even without an internet connected phone.
This convenience is made possible using the Equity Bank Paybill number 247247. You do not need to be an Equity Bank customer to use the 247247 paybill service for sending money to a business or someone with an Equity Bank account.
This article will guide you through simple steps on how to deposit money from MPesa to an Equity account using the Equity Bank Lipa na MPesa paybill number.
How to Deposit Money from MPesa to Equity Bank
- Go to the Mpesa Menu on your phone or dial the USSD *334#
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Select the option Pay Bill
- Next, enter the Equity Bank Paybill Number 247247
- Now, carefully key in the full Equity Bank Account number you wish to send money to
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Key in your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then press Send
- A little while later, you will see a pop-up message on your screen asking you to confirm the transaction.
- If the details in the message are ok, press Send. Otherwise, type any letter or number to cancel the transaction.
After some time, you will receive messages from both Mpesa and Equity Bank confirming the successful cash transfer to Equity Bank.
Take note that all MPesa deposits to Equity Bank are absolutely free. However, you might incur other third party charges using the Lipa Na Mpesa Paybill service.
- Kenyan Banks Mpesa Paybill Numbers
- Equity Bank Agent Business Requirements
- Equity Bank Agency and Equitel Money Transfer Rates
- Nairobi Water Tariffs for Different Consumer Categories