When the KUCCPS portal opens, form 4 high school graduates get a chance to apply for their courses in universities and TVET colleges of choice. This year, the 2022 KCSE students can apply or revise KUCCPS courses online directly on the KUCCPS placement portal.
When the KUCCPS student portal opens for the first revision, second (and sometimes third) revision or application of courses under government sponsorship to universities and TVET colleges, students normally have about 2 weeks to make their course submisions online.
The deadline for the application of courses on the KUCCPS online portal is normally fixed and only in very rare circumstances it can be extended.
- How to Check for KUCCPS University and College Placement
- KUCCPS: How to Apply for Inter-University Transfer
The KCSE graduates of the previous year (2022) can apply for degree placement in universities of their choice provided they have a KCSE mean grade of C+ and above.
Those who got C plain and below can apply for placement in TVET colleges under government sponsorship.
That is, irrespective of the year you did your KCSE exam, you can apply for course placement in government TVET institutions, provided you have never been sponsored by the government before.
You can apply for placement in diploma, craft, and artisan choices in public TVET institutions with government sponsorship in the same.
Follow this guide to help you apply or revise courses on the KUCCPS students portal.
How to Apply for KUCCPS Courses Online
Step 1: Log in to the KUCCPS Portal
- Go to the KUCCPS students portal: https://students.kuccps.net
- Click the Login button
- Login with your full Index number (11 digits)
- Put the year you did your KCSE exam e.g 2022 for the last KCSE
- Password is your birth certificate number or full KCPE index number.
Step 2: Check Your KUCCPS Cluster Points
Once you log in, you will see your KCSE results as well as your calculated cluster points for each course category.
The cluster weights are automatically generated by the KUCCPS placement service itself. The ones indicated 0 mean the student can not apply for courses in those particular clusters.
On the KUCCPS portal, courses under the same category are grouped in the same cluster, e.g Law and related is cluster 1 while Engineering and Technology courses are grouped in cluster 7.
There are a total of 23 KUCCPS clusters for degree programs.
Step 3: Note Down University or College Programme Codes
On the top of the page, still on the students portal, click on Programmes. You will be presented with the following 4 programme categories:
- Degree Programmes
- Diploma Programmes
- Certificate Programmes
- Artisan Programmes
Scroll down the category you want and look for the cluster group or course you want to apply for or revise. You can also use the search box provided to locate the course you want to apply for.
- Clicking on a cluster will take you to all the programmes available in that cluster.
- Now click on the course you want to pursue.
- On the page that loads, at the top, check if you meet the minimum entry requirements and the minimum subject requirements.
- If so, then move on to the next steps. Otherwise, may need to go back and select a course you qualify for before moving on.
- Next, compare your cluster weights (column highlighted in red) with the cutoff points of the previous year if points for the current year are not yet released.
- You may click on the institution’s abbreviation letters to reveal its full name.
- Next, if you have made up your mind about the university or college you want to pursue your course in, note down the programme code.
- You can also click add to basket to access them later as you move on.
You may move back to programmes to select other courses in the same cluster or different clusters.
Step 4: Verify and Submit Course Applications
- Click on the Application/Revision tab
- Go through the instructions provided on this page before you proceed.
Take Note: ONLY pay for the KUCCPS application processing fee when prompted by the students portal; no other time.
An application processing fee of Ksh 1,500 is charged by KUCCPS. Students who applied in school and paid Ksh 500 should pay only Ksh 1,000 to revise their choices.
- Next, click on the Apply Now tab.
- Now, insert the programme codes you noted down earlier. You may use the basket to access the courses you saved.
Make sure you insert courses according to your priority. Never put a course you are not sure of since you could be called for any course you apply for if it happens that the first choices are filled up.
For bachelor’s degree courses, 1a, 1b, and 1c should be similar courses, but in different institutions. Choices 2, 3, and 4 can be any other degree courses that you have settled on but may not necessarily be similar to choices 1.
You may be called for choices 2, 3 or 4 if are locked out of choices 1a, 1b, and 1c due to high competition.
For diploma and other TVET programmes, 1a carries more weight out of the 4 choices available. That is 1a, 2, 3, and 4.
When you insert your programme code, the KUCCPS system will check if you meet all the minimum subject requirements.
Sometimes the same course may be offered in another college or university but with lower entry requirements. So if the system rejects your choice, check to see if the same course is being offered in another institution and replace it with that institution’s programme code.
Remember also: for high chances of getting placed in a given course, always apply for what you qualify for, (your cluster weights equal to or less than the cutoff provided).
Okay, if everything is green, just hit SUBMIT. A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear if you are revising/applying for the first time.
Here’s how to pay for your KUCCPS application using M-pesa:
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter the KUCCPS Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space). Your account number is also displayed on the pop-up message when you hit Submit.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
Please take note of the M-PESA transaction code and keep it safe for the final step. The same Transaction Code will be required for any subsequent changes to your application. Therefore, you are advised to retain it.
Enter the Transaction Code in the pop-up message and hit Submit.
CAUTION! Do not make any payment before you follow the above processes or after the application deadline has passed!
NOTE: If you are placed to the second category of your application (first revision), the KUCCPS placement service will not recall you for the second revision.
- How To Check if Your HELB Loan is Disbursed
- HELB Loan Application Process for First Time Applicants
- List of Courses Offered at Daystar University and Entry Requirements
- Kenya Red Cross Training Institute Courses, Requirements and Duration