Here are some straightforward steps to help you obtain your KCSE 2022 results, which will be made available through SMS on any mobile carrier. All you have to do is send a text message to the number provided by the Minister of Education when the results are officially announced.
This SMS service is accessible on Safaricom, Airtel, and Telkom lines, and will cost 25 shillings per message sent.
Additionally, schools will have the ability to obtain printouts of the results after a short period of time, and should report any issues to KNEC within 30 days, along with supporting documentation.
How to Check KCSE 2022 Results by SMS
To check your KCSE 2022 results on any mobile network, follow these simple steps:
- Open a new text message on your mobile phone
- Type your 11-digit KCSE index number followed by the word “KCSE” (for example, 20100346001KCSE) in the message body. Do not include any spaces between the index number and the word “KCSE.”
- Send the message to the KNEC SMS number: 20076
- Wait for a short while, you will receive a text message from KNEC containing your results.
Please note that the SMS service will cost 25 shillings per message sent.
How to Download Result Slips from the KNEC Portal
Currently, KNEC only allows you to access your KCSE 2022 results by SMS immediately after they are released.
However, the results slips are availed on the KNEC KCSE portal at least a week after the school receives the whole results printouts from sub-county education offices.
Schools can there after download and print result slips from the KNEC portal using the school’s login details provided during the registration of the candidates on the KNEC registration portal.
the KCSE result slips are will be available on the KNEC portal: www.knec-portal.ac.ke/.
Meaning of Symbols in KCSE Results
Sometimes students may see the following symbols in their results. Here’s what they stand for:
- A candidate who receives the symbol “X” did not take one or more papers during the examination
- A candidate who receives the symbol “Y” engaged in an irregularity during the examination
- A candidate who receives the symbol “P” has a pending result due to incorrect information provided, such as wrong KCPE number or birth certificate details when registering for KCSE
- A candidate who receives the symbol “W” has had their results held back due to being suspected of cheating in the examination and is under investigation
- A candidate who receives the symbol “U” did not meet the minimum requirements for grade awards
- How to Apply/Revise for KUCCPS Courses and Colleges Online
- TVET Approved Courses in Kenya
- List of Accredited Engineering Courses in Universities in Kenya
- KASNEB Accredited Institutions and Locations