Jamii Telecom (JTL), also known as Faiba 4G, has been a game-changer in the Kenyan internet market since its launch in December 2017. Faiba 4G offers budget-friendly and accessible internet packages, available through MiFi devices or any 4G/LTE-enabled smartphones. Faiba bundles are cheaper compared to other networks in Kenya.
For as little as 20 shillings, you can now enjoy 225 MB data bundles on the Faiba 4G network, valid for 24 hours. If you have data-intensive tasks, there’s an enticing option of a 1 GB package priced at only 50 shillings, also with a validity of one day.
You can also opt for higher Faiba 4G packages with longer validity. These range from 2.5 GB valid for 3 days to a whopping 225 GB package going for 90 days.
Here are the Revised JTL Faiba 4G Internet Packages and Prices:
|Bundle Size||Price (Ksh)||Validity (Days)|
|FISI Unlimited||150||3 Hours|
How to buy Faiba 4G Internet Bundles
You can buy Faiba bundles directly on the JTL portal and pay directly by M-Pesa as follows:
- Visit the JTL portal sefcare.jtl.co.ke/data
- Select your preferred bundle by clicking on the Buy button.
- Select the M-Pesa option.
- Enter your Faiba number and the Safaricom MPesa number you want to pay with.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN on your phone when requested to.
- Confirm M-Pesa details and send to complete the transaction.
- Refresh the browser or restart the device to reflect the purchase.
Alternative Ways of Purchasing Faiba Internet Packages
1. Dialling *111# on supported phones
Using a supported 4G / LTE mobile phone, you can buy Faiba internet packages directly by dialing *111# on your phone and then choosing the options you want.
2. Using Faiba Mpesa paybill number 776611
Step 1: Deposit Money to Faiba Airtime Account via Faiba MPesa paybill Number 776611:
- Go to Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Key in Jamii Telecom paybill number 776611 as Business Number.
- Enter the account number as the 4G sim card number in the format 254747xxxxxx where the six X represents the last 6 digits of the Faiba mobile number.
- Enter the amount you want to send to your Faiba line and press OK. The amount should be equal to or more than the Faiba Bundles cost.
After you have received a message from Mpesa confirming your transaction, do the following;
Step 2: Buy Faiba internet packages on the self-care site
- Turn on your Mifi.
- Head over to selfcare.jtl.co.ke/data
- On the HOME page that appears, confirm your balance and ensure your 4G mobile number is displayed.
- Next, click on the DATA menu at the top left of the webpage.
- You will see all data bundles options displayed.
- Select the data bundle you want by clicking on Buy just below the bundle.
- Select the option Buy Once
- Confirm your Faiba Mobile number and click Initiate.
- If you have enough Airtime for the bundles
- Refresh the page and click on the Balance menu to confirm your successful purchase.
Devices Which Support Faiba 4G WIFI
Here are some of the devices that support Faiba 4G WIFI enabled devices:
1. Faiba 4G WIFI Modem
If you have a desktop computer or laptop, you could choose the 4G wifi modem. The modem model is ZTE MF79S and comes with Wi-Fi hotspot capability, supporting up to 8 connected users. The modem goes for Ksh. 4,850.
2. Faiba 4G Mifi or Any Mifi that Supports 4G/LTE
Perhaps the best choice since you are able to carry it to any place that has Jamii Telecom Faiba 4G mobile internet coverage.
The Faiba MiFi ZTE MF927 version comes with a 2000 mAh rechargeable battery and it can support up to 10 hotspot clients connected at the same time. This Jamii Faiba Mifi costs Ksh. 5,699.
The Huawei Mobile WiFi Cute S 11 version goes for Ksh. 6,500 and can support up to 16 devices connected at the same time. The only undoing is the battery which is 1500 mAh.
Some third-party shops sell other Mifis like another Huawei version that goes for Ksh. 5,400 (others overcharge even up to sh. 6,500).
Before you buy a 4G Mifi to use with Faiba, please let it be tested first with a Faiba SIM card.
3. Compatible 4G/LTE Enabled Smartphones
Before you buy the phone, first confirm that it is both 4G and LTE enabled. To make free VOIP calls with other users on the Jamii Telkom network, ensure the phone supports VOIP (Voice Over the Internet Protocol).
Some phones that support Faiba 4G mobile network include:
- Faiba 4G wonder phone, pictured above.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9, 9A, 9C, 9T, Note 9.
- PocoPhone M3.
- ZTE Blade A3.
- Nokia 1 Plus, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 6 Plus, 7.1, 8 and 8 Plus
- TECNO CX, CX Air and Phantom 8 and latest.
- Samsung A5, A7, S6, S7, S8, Note 4, Note 5 and Note 8.
- Infinix Zero 4, Zero 5 and above.
- Apple iPhone 6 and above.
- LG G3, G4, G6, Q6, V10, V30 and G5.
- Motorola G5, Z, Z2 Play.
- Huawei P8, P9, Mate 7, Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, P10, P10 Plus, Mate 1 and Mate 10 Pro.
Remember, if you want to take advantage of free calls on this network, be sure to buy a phone that supports the 4G LTE network and VOIP protocol.
Where You can Buy Jamii Faiba MiFi
Jamii Telecom Mifi is available at its headquarters, Hospital Rd, Jamii Towers, Upperhil, Nairobi. Some other shops where you can buy the Mifi include:
- Compnet Vedic Hse room 201/202, Mama Ngina St., Nairobi Kenya.
- Digital Farm officesTom Mboya Globe cinema roundabout Sance building.
- Territories Technologies Norwich union Mall, Mezzanine Floor Room M1, Mama Ngina street, Opp Hilton hotel, Nairobi CBD.
- Rolling Box Limited Maasai Mall, Room 94 (First Shop at the entrance), Magadi Road, Ongata Rongai.
- Jani HQ Green House.
- At selected Tuskys and Naivas Supermarkets.
Some Common MiFi Issues
The Faiba 4G device may not work well in crowded areas with poor network coverage. If you have trouble receiving Safaricom or Airtel network in your house, you might face similar issues with Faiba 4G.
Also, be aware that some MiFis are prone to overheating, which can lead to network disconnections. To avoid this, place the MiFi in well-ventilated areas on stable surfaces like wood or metal.