Since its launch in December 2017, Jamii Telecom, commonly known as Faiba 4G, has taken the Kenya internet market by storm. Jamii Telekom Faiba 4G offers cheap and affordable internet packages and bundles that can be accessed using a 4G MiFi or any smartphone with 4G/ LTE capability.
Jamii Telecom has adjusted and extended its data bundles and made them more affordable to everyone.
Faiba 4G Internet Packages (Bundles) Prices
|Bundle Size||Price (Ksh)||Validity (Days)|
|FISI Unlimited||150||3 Hours|
Devices Which Support Faiba 4G WIFI
You can get Faiba 4G WIFI internet packages and bundles through any of the following methods:
1. Using the Faiba 4G WIFI Modem
If you have a desktop computer or laptop you could go for the 4G wifi modem choice.
The modem model is ZTE MF79S and comes with Wi-Fi hotspot capability, supporting up to 8 connected users.
The modem goes for Ksh. 4,850.
See also: Safaricom Home Fibre Packages, Connection and Prices
2. Using Faiba 4G Mifi or Any Mifi that Supports 4G/LTE
Perhaps the best choice since you are able to carry it to any place that has Jamii Telecom Faiba 4G mobile internet coverage.
The Faiba MiFi ZTE MF927 version comes with a 2000 mAh rechargeable battery and it can support up to 10 hotspot clients connected at the same time.
This Jamii Faiba Mifi costs Ksh. 4,700.
The Huawei Mobile WiFi Cute S 11 version goes for Ksh. 6,500 and can support up to 16 devices connected at the same time. The only undoing is the battery which is 1500 mAH.
Some third-party shops sell other Mifis like another Huawei version that goes for Ksh. 5,400 (others overcharge even up to sh. 6,500).
Before you buy a 4G Mifi to use with Faiba, please let it be tested first with a Faiba SIM card.
3. Using Compatible 4G Mobile Smartphones
Before you buy the phone, first confirm that it is both 4G and LTE enabled. To make free VOIP calls with other users on Jamii Telkom network, also make sure the phone supports VOIP (Voice Over the Internet Protocol).
Some phones which support Faiba 4G mobile network include:
- Faiba 4G wonder phone, pictured above.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9, 9A, 9C, 9T, Note 9.
- PocoPhone M3.
- ZTE Blade A3.
- Nokia 1 Plus, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 6 Plus, 7.1, 8 and 8 Plus
- TECNO CX, CX Air and Phantom 8 and latest.
- Samsung A5, A7, S6, S7, S8, Note 4, Note 5 and Note 8.
- Infinix Zero 4, Zero 5 and above.
- Apple iPhone 6 and above.
- LG G3, G4, G6, Q6, V10, V30 and G5.
- Motorola G5, Z, Z2 Play.
- Huawei P8, P9, Mate 7, Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, P10, P10 Plus, Mate 1 and Mate 10 Pro.
Remember, if you want to be making free calls also, make sure you buy a phone that supports both the 4G LTE network and VOIP protocol.
See also: Zuku Fiber Internet Packages and Prices in Kenya
Where You can Buy Jamii Faiba Mifi
Jamii Telecom Mifi is available at its headquarters, Hospital Rd, Jamii Towers, Upperhil, Nairobi.
Some other shops where you can buy the Mifi include:
- Compnet Vedic Hse room 201/202, Mama Ngina St., Nairobi Kenya.
- Digital Farm officesTom Mboya Globe cinema roundabout Sance building.
- Territories Technologies Norwich union Mall, Mezzanine Floor Room M1, Mama Ngina street, Opp Hilton hotel, Nairobi CBD.
- Rolling Box Limited Maasai Mall, Room 94 (First Shop at the entrance), Magadi Road, Ongata Rongai.
- Jani HQ Green House.
- At selected Tuskys and Naivas Supermarkets.
How to buy Faiba 4G Mobile Bundles
You can buy faiba bundles in a number of ways:
1. Using a supported 4G / LTE mobile phone, you can buy Faiba internet packages directly by dialing *111# on your phone then choose the options you want.
2. To buy Faiba 4G Bundles using Mpesa use the following steps:
Step1: Deposit Money to Faiba Airtime Account via Faiba MPesa paybill Number 776611
- Go to Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Key in Jamii Telecom paybill number 776611 as Business Number.
- Enter the account number as the 4G sim card number in the format 254747xxxxxx where the six X represents the last 6 digits of the Faiba mobile number.
- Enter the amount you want to send to your Faiba line and press OK. The amount should be equal to or more than the Faiba Bundles cost.
After you have received a message from Mpesa confirming your transaction, do the following;
Step2: Buy Faiba internet packages on the self-care site
- Turn on your Mifi.
- Head over to selfcare.jtl.co.ke
- On the HOME page that appears, confirm your balance and ensure your 4G mobile number is displayed.
- Next click on DATA menu at the top left of the webpage.
- You will see all data bundles options displayed.
- Select the data bundle you want by clicking on Buy just below the bundle.
- Select the option Buy Once
- Confirm your Faiba Mobile number and click Initiate.
- If you have enough Airtime for the bundles
- Refresh the page and click on the Balance menu to confirm your purchase was successful.
Update: Through the sefcare.jtl.co.ke menu, you can buy the data bundle you like by selecting the pay by MPesa option and entering your MPesa PIN on your phone when requested to.
Key Points to note when buying 4G bundles using the online method
- Your Mifi should be on when purchasing the bundles in order to access the Jamii selfcare site, if you don’t want the process to eat bundles.
- You can also access the selfcare site from any Mobile line by turning on its Data. You will be required to insert your Faiba number,
- You might want to turn off the WIFI connection on any other device connected to the Mifi, except the phone or laptop you are using to buy the bundles.
- This minimizes the risk of other apps or downloads “eating” your credit before you purchase the 4G mobile bundles.
- Lastly, reboot your Mifi if you experience connection issues.
Some Known Mifi Issues
It is worth noting that this device does not work well in congested areas with low network coverage.
If you have a problem receiving Safaricom or Airtel network in your house, then you will not be able to receive Faiba 4G network.
It is also known that Mifis are prone to overheating and may cut off network connection under these conditions. Hence, keep them in well-aired places or on top of good wooden or metal bases.