It has now become very easy to transfer money from your Mpesa account to any Equity Bank account or pay goods and services right from your Mpesa registered line.
This is made possible using the Equity Bank Paybill number 247247. You do not need to be an Equity Bank customer to use the 247247 paybill service.
This article will show you in simple steps how to deposit money from MPesa to an Equity account using the Equity Bank Lipa na MPesa paybill number.
All MPesa deposits to Equity Bank are absolutely free. Meaning Equity Bank does not charge you to send money from MPesa to Equity Bank account, but you might incur charges using the Lipa Na Mpesa Paybill service.
How to Send Money from Mpesa to Equity Account
To successfully transfer money from your Mpesa account to an Equity Bank account, follow these simple and easy steps:
- Go to the Mpesa Menu on your phone or dial the USSD *334#
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Select the option Pay Bill
- Next, enter the Equity Bank Paybill Number 247247
- Now, carefully key in the full Equity Bank Account number you wish to send money to
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Key in your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then press Send
- A little while later, you will see a pop-up message on your screen asking you to confirm the transaction.
- If the details in the message are ok, press Send. Otherwise, type any letter or number to cancel the transaction.
After some time, you will receive messages from both Mpesa and Equity Bank confirming the successful cash transfer to Equity Bank.
- Kenyan Banks Mpesa Paybill Numbers
- Equity Bank Agent Business Requirements
- Equity Bank Agency and Equitel Money Transfer Rates
- Nairobi Water Tariffs for Different Consumer Categories