Siaya Institute of Technology (SIT) is a public TVET college located in Siaya town, Siaya County and offers a wide range of courses at artisan, craft certificate, and diploma levels. The institute also offers training in KASNEB professional courses and various CBET courses.
Intakes are done in January, May and September and major examination bodies for courses at the institute are KNEC, KASNEB, and CDACC.
Artisan courses require at least a KCPE certificate while craft certificate courses require a D plain and above in KCSE. Diploma courses require a C- in KCSE.
Other specific course requirements will be provided in your admission letter and are also outlined on the SIT website.
Courses Offered at Siaya Institute of Technology
- Diploma in Catering and Accommodation
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Production and Service Management
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Diploma in Counselling HIV
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Plant Option)
- Diploma in Entrepreneurial Agriculture
- Diploma in Environmental Studies
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Diploma in Applied Biology
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Land Surveying
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Instrumentation)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Telecommunication)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Power)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Management
- Diploma in Cooperative Management
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Marketing Management
- Diploma in Project Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Computerized Secretarial Studies
- Diploma in Road Transport Management
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Higher Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Business Management
- Craft Certificate in Hair Dressing (NITA)
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies
- Certificate in Social Work and Community Development
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Technology
- Craft Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanic
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Welding and Fabrication)
- Craft Certificate in Agriculture
- Certificate in Entrepreneurial Agriculture
- Certificate in Fisheries Technology
- Craft Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
- Craft Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in Land Surveying
- Craft Certificate in Masonry
- Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- Craft Certificate in Electrical Technology (Power)
- Craft Certificate in Catering & Accommodation
- Craft Certificate in Fashion Design
- Craft Certificate in Food and Beverage Production and Service
- Craft Certificate in Beauty Therapy (NITA)
- Certificate in Banking and Finance
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Cooperative Management
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Marketing Management
- Certificate in Road Transport Management
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Secretarial Single & Group
- Artisan in Automotive Engineering
- Artisan in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Artisan in Welding and Fabrication
- Artisan Certificate in Agriculture
- Artisan Certificate in Plumbing
- Artisan in Electrical Installation
- Certificate in Solar PV Installations
- Artisan in Beauty Therapy (NITA)
- Artisan Certificate in Catering and Accommodation
- Artisan in Fashion Design
- Artisan Certificate in Food and Beverage Production and Service
- Artisan In Hair Dressing (NITA)
- Child Care and Protection
- Christian Ministry
- Counseling and Psychology
- Electrical Installation
- Front Office Operations
- Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy
- Marriage and Counselling
- Road Transport
- Social Work and Community Development
- Welding and Fabrication
- Community Health
- Agricultural Extension
- Dairy Farm Management
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certificate in Accounting Management Skills
- Certified Investment Financial Analyst
- Accounting Technician Diploma
KASNEB Courses have additional qualification requirements.
Read: KASNEB Courses and Exams Registration Requirements.
How to Apply for Courses and Download Admission Letter
There are three ways of applying for admission to Siaya Institute of Technology:
1. Physically visit the institute and make applications at the registrar’s office.
You will be guided on every course application step, hostel booking, and charges.
2. Apply through the KUCCPS Students portal.
You can apply for a course at SIT by visiting the KUCCPS application portal https://students.kuccps.net/login once the portal is open for applications and revisions.
Follow these steps (when the portal is open) to apply on KUCCPS portal: Application for KUCCPS Online TVET Placement.
KUCCPS charges an online application fee of Ksh. 1,500 but once placed in the course of your choice, you will automatically qualify for the government’s TVET caption of Ksh. 30,000 per year.
3. Apply Online through the SIT Application Portal
- Navigate to the Siaya Institute of Technology application portal.
- Read through the instructions carefully before beginning then pay the application fees of Ksh. 300 to Siaya Institute of Technology KCB Account number 1106857135.
- Enter your details in the fields as accurately as possible ensuring your provide a valid email address that you can easily access.
- Attach your scanned academic credentials including the application fees payment bank slip ensuring each document attached has a size that does not exceed 2 Mbs (Do not attach pictures of the documents because they will be rejected).
- Click the submit button to complete the application process.
Your documents once received will be processed and if approved your admission letter and other documents will be sent to you via the email you provided during the application.
Carefully read through the admission documents received before filling them accurately, then proceed to pay fees and purchase any admission requirements.
On the day of admission, carry the duly filled admission documents, the original fees payment bank slip and other course requirements.
Hostel facilities can be booked prior to reporting by first contacting the Office of the Dean of Students before making payments.
Siaya Institute of Technology Fee Structure
The fee per academic year is Ksh. 56,420. Students who are 35 years and below and placed by KUCCPS are eligible for the GOK Capitation of Ksh. 30,000 per year. Hence will pay Ksh 26,420 per year.
Those who are not on GoK Capitation must pay Ksh. 15,000 with each installment for Module I whereas Module II or III pay Ksh. 30,000 in a single installment.
All students are eligible to apply to Higher Education Loans Board to finance their training.
Boarding fees is optional at Ksh. 3,000 per term on a first-come first-served basis.
These fees do not include KASNEB and KNEC external examination bookings.
Read: Revised KASNEB Examination Fee Structure and How to Pay.
Physical Location: Siaya town, along the Siaya – Ugunja Road, just after the Siaya County Referral Hospital.
- P. O. Box 1087-40600, Siaya
- TEL: 0703 564 522
- Admissions: 011 281 4143
- Dean of Students: 0720801545
- Website: www.siayainstitute.ac.ke
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Book Hostels: +254 720 801 545
- SIT Students Portal: www.portal.siayainstitute.ac.ke