Michuki Technical Training Institute (MTTI) is a public TVET dating back from the year 1956 and offers a wide range of practical courses at artisan, craft certificates, and diploma levels. MTTI also offers KASNEB, CBET and short courses in various fields.
Intakes are done in January, May and September and depend on the courses being offered at that time.
Courses are majorly examined by KNEC and KASNEB.
Courses Offered at Michuki Technical Training Institute
- Craft Certificate in Clothing Technology
- Artisan Certificate in Clothing Technology
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Craft Certificate in Secretarial Studies
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Artisan Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power Option)
- Craft Certificate in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Craft Certificate in Food & Beverage
- KATC Level I, II
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Diploma in Clothing Technology
- Artisan Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Diploma in Business Management
- Craft Certificate in Information Technology
- Artisan Certificate in Electrical Installation
- Artisan Certificate in Food and Beverage
- Accounting Technician Diploma
- Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy
- Craft Certificate in Cooperative Management
- Diploma in Cooperative Management
- Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- Artisan Certificate in Masonry
- Certificate in Solar Photovoltaic (PV) (Short course)
- Certificate in Solar Water Heating
- Craft Certificate in Building Technology
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Diploma in Food Science
- Craft Certificate in Food Science
- Craft Certificate in General Agriculture
- Artisan Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery
- Artisan Certificate in Plumbing
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Craft in Catering and Accommodation
- Diploma in Catering and Accommodation
- Craft Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Diploma in Welding and Fabrication
- Craft Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Craft Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Solar Photo Voltaic (Short course)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Artisan in Electrical Installation
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- Computer Packages (Short course)
- Baking and Pastry (Short course)
- Plumbing and Carpentry (Short course)
- Fashion and Design (Short course)
- Food Processing (Short course)
- Hair Dressing and Beauty (Short course)
- Electrical Installation and Wiring (Short course)
- Certificate in Computer Operator (Short course)
- Certificate in Computer Application (Short course)
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency (Short course)
- Certificate in Computerised Accounting Systems (Short course)
- Plumbing Certificate
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Driving School
How to Apply for Placement in Courses
Artisan courses require a KCPE certificate of D- and below in KCSE. Craft courses require at least a D plain in KCSE, while diploma requires a C- and above.
KASNEB courses have additional requirements, read KASNEB Courses and Exams Registration Requirements.
You can apply for courses online through the Michuki Online Portal. First, click on Application Registration, enter your details and then submit.
The system will send you an activation message to the email address you entered. Open the email message and click on the link to complete the registration.
You can now go back to the Michuki Online Portal and apply for a course of your choice. You might need to click on Courses Offered to access the list of courses.
You can also apply for courses at Michuki TTI through the KUCCPS students portal, once open for course applications and revisions.
After you have been successfully placed in the course of your choice, you can then download your admission letter on the Michuki Online Portal. Click on the Download Admission Letter link and enter your KCSE full index number and the year you sat for the KCSE exam.
Submit and access your admission letter.
Michuki TTI Fee Structure
The fee for the whole year is Ksh 56,420. Government-sponsored students (KUCCPS) pay Ksh. 26,420 per year after the government’s capitation of Ksh. 30,000.
This does not include administrative fees and external examination fees.
Read: Revised KASNEB Examination Fee Structure and How to Pay.
Michuki TTI Contacts
Telephone: 0725912313 OR 020-3526533
Location: Off Iyego Kangema Road, Near Karugia Shopping, Kangema Sub-county Muranga County.