Maasai Mara Technical and Vocational College (MMTVC) is a public TVET institution well equipped to provide technical and practical skills in artisan, certificate and diploma courses. Maasai Mara TVC also trains in some KASNEB courses, short courses, and various CBET courses.
Diploma courses require a minimum of C- in KCSE while certificate programs require at least a D plain. For artisan courses, you need just a KCPE certificate or D- / E in KCSE.
Courses are mainly examined by KNEC, NITA, KASNEB, and CDACC. Artisan courses take 1 year to complete, Craft courses take 2 years while diplomas take 3 years.
Courses Offered at Maasai Mara Technical and Vocational College
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics (Power)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics (Telecommunication)
- Diploma in Welding & Fabrication Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Diploma in Catering & Accommodation
- Diploma in Fashion & Design
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Social work and Community Development
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- Diploma in Tourism Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Community Development
- Diploma in Human Resource
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Building and Construction
- Craft certificate in Automotive Engineering
- Craft certificate in Electrical & Electronics (Power)
- Craft certificate in Electrical & Electronics (Telecommunication)
- Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Certificate in Carpentry
- Certificate in Food & Beverage
- Certificate in Catering and Accommodation
- Certificate in Social Work and Community Development
- Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in ICT
- Automotive Engineering
- Electrical Installation
- Bead Making
- Food & Beverage
- Fashion and Design
Require D- in KCSE and take between 1 to 2 years to complete.
- Office assistance Level 4 to 6 (C- in KCSE)
- Information Communication Technology (ICT Level 5, 6) (D in KCSE, level 6 requires C-)
- Food and Beverage Sales (Level 3)
- Food and Beverage Production(Level 3)
- Motorcycle Mechanics (Level 3)
- Automotive Mechanics (Level 3)
- Welding (Level 4)
- Tour Guide Level 5
- Solar PVC Installation Level 3 & 4
- Electrical Installation Level 4 (D plain)
- Building Technology Level 4
- Production of Pastry and Cakes
- Tourism and Travel Level 5 (D plain)
- Wildlife Management Level 5
KASNEB Examined Courses
- Associate in Procurement and Supply of Kenya (APSK) Level I-II (C- in KCSE)
- ATD Level I-II (C+ in KCSE)
- CAMS (D+)
Take 3 to 6 months and require no prior qualification. Examined by KNEC/ CDACC.
- Computer Packages (ICDL)
- Solar Installation
- Welding and Fabrication
- Electrical Installation
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics
How to Apply for Courses and Fees Required
You can apply for courses through the KUCCPS Students portal or the institution’s online course application portal.
Before submitting the course application form on the MMTVC portal you will be required to upload your academic documents, National ID both front and back, birth certificate, and any other prequalification certifiacates.
When you apply for placement through the KUCCPS portal, you will qualify for the government’s TVET capitation of Ksh. 30,000 per year.
The total fee payable is Ksh. 56,420 per year, hence you will only pay the remaining Ksh. 26,420, spread across the terms. This does not include KNEC and KASNEB examination fees.
you can also apply for a TVET HELB loan up to a maximum of Ksh. 40,000 per year to help you clear the balance of Ksh. 26,420 (sent automatically to the college), and your upkeep (about Ksh. 13,000).
Physical Address: Near Eor-Ekule Shopping Centre, 15 km from Narok Town.
P.O BOX 577- 20500 NAROK, Narok County
Phone: +254 799213300
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com