Friends College Kaimosi (Kaimosi Institute of Science and Technology) is a public TVET institute of technology under the Ministry of Education in Kenya. Friends College Kaimosi offers artisan, certificate, diploma, and higher diploma courses in a wide range of fields.
The college also offers CBET and selected short courses. Examination bodies for courses at the institute are KNEC, KASNEB, and TVET (CDACC).
Intakes at the Friends College Kaimosi are normally done in January, May and September.
The main campus is located in Kaimosi, Kaimosi Complex along the Kisumu – Chavakali – Kapsabet – Eldoret road, and the town campus is at Mbale town, Vihiga county.
General Minimum Requirements for Courses
Higher diploma courses require a relevant diploma and take a duration of 1 year. Diploma courses require at least a C- in KCSE and take 3 years per module.
Certificate courses take 2 years per module to complete and require a D plain in KCSE. Artisan courses just need at least a KCPE certificate to pursue and take a duration of 1 year.
KASNEB courses like CPA level 1 require at least KCSE C+, with C+ in Maths or English, or pass in ATC/ATD III.
Read: KASNEB Courses and Exams Registration Requirements.
Courses Offered at Friends College Kaimosi
Here is a list of Diploma, certificate, and artisan courses offered at the Friends College Kaimosi per department:
Agriculture and Environmental Studies Courses
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Certificate in General Agriculture
- Artisan in General Agriculture
Applied Science Courses
- Higher Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Higher Diploma in Applied Biology
- Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Diploma in Applied Biology
- Diploma in Food Processing and Preservation Technology
- Certificate in Food Processing and Preservation Technology
- Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
Building and Civil Engineering Department Courses
- Higher National Diploma in Building and Construction Building (Civil Option)
- Higher National Diploma in Building and Construction (Structural Option)
- Higher National Diploma in Building and Construction (Building Economics Option)
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Diploma in Water Technology
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in Painting and Decoration
- Artisan in Plumbing
- Artisan in Masonry
- Artisan in Painting and Decoration
Business Studies Courses
- Accounting Technician Diploma Level I (ATD I) – KCSE C- (Minus)
- ATD II – Pass in ATC/ATD I
- ATD III – Pass in ATC/ATD II
- CPA/ CPS Part I – KCSE C+ with C+ in Math or English or pass in ATC/ ATD III
- CPA/ CPS Part II and III – pass at lower levels.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Higher National Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Project Management
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies (Modular)
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills
- Craft Certificate in Secretarial Studies
- Certificate in Secretarial Studies (Single and Group)
- Artisan in Secretarial Studies
- Artisan in Storekeeping
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power Option)
- Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power Option)
- Artisan in Electrical Installation
Health Sciences Courses (has additional minimum requirements)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
Hospitality and Institutional Management Courses
- Diploma in Catering and Accommodation
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Certificate in Catering and Accommodation
- Certificate in Food and Beverage
- Artisan in Food and Beverage
- Diploma in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- Craft Certificate in Fashion Design and Garment Making
- Artisan in Fashion Design and Garment Making
- Tailoring (Grade III, II, I)
- Dress Making (Grade III, II, I)
- Level 1 in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy (Grade III, II, I)
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (KNEC)
- Certificate in Information Communication Technology (KNEC)
- Certified Information Communication Technology Diploma (KASNEB)
- Certified Information Communication Technology Certificate (KASNEB)
- Fundamentals of Networking
- Computer Systems and Application Packages
Liberal Studies Courses
- Higher National Diploma in Archives and Record Management
- Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Diploma in Information Studies (Library)
- Certificate in Information Studies (Library)
- Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
- Certificate in Social Work and Community Development
Mechanical Engineering Department Courses
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Certificate in Automotive Engineering
- Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Artisan Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Artisan Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
Short Courses at Friends College Kaimosi
- Computer Literacy Packages
- Accounting Packages
- Computer Maintenance and Repair
- Technical Drawing – AutoCAD, ArchiCAD
- Bakery/ Pastry
Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) Programs
- Information Communication Technology Level 5
- Electrical Installation Level 3
- Electrical Installation Level 4
- Supply Chain Management Level 6
- Automotive Technology Level 6
- Science Laboratory Technology Level 5
How to Apply for Courses at Friends College Kaimosi
The easiest and most reliable way of course application at the FCK college is through the KUCCPS Students online portal.
Students who apply through the KUCCPS portal get automatic government TVET sponsorship of Ksh. 30,000 per academic year. They also qualify for TVET HELB loans and bursaries up to Ksh. 40,000 per academic year.
The other method is applying through email or post office box to the principal, Friends college Kaimosi.
Step 1: Take copies of the following documents:
- Two (2) passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- KCPE Certificate/ Result Slip
- KCSE Certificate/ Result Slip
- Lower level/ previous TVET Certificate (where applicable).
Step 2: Send application and attach copies of documents
Apply for the course of your choice and attach the copies of the documents in step 1 above.
Send your application to any of the following addresses:
The Principal, Friends College Kaimosi
P O Box 150 – 50309 TIRIKI
Once you have received your course placement results, you can get your admission letter by visiting the college registrar or download it from the Friends College Kaimosi students portal.
Friends College Kaimosi Fee Structure
The fee per year for artisan, certificate and diploma courses is Ksh. 56,420.
Students who apply and get placements through KUCCPS will benefit from the Government Capitation of Kshs. 30,000 per year.
If still unable to pay the remaining balance of Ksh. 26,420, you are encouraged to apply for a HELB Loan of up to Ksh. 40,000. HELB pays Ksh. 26,420 as part of tuition fees and Ksh. 13,580 is sent to your bank account for personal upkeep.
An officer at the Registrar’s office has been tasked to assist trainees in the application of the same.
Read: HELB Loan Application Process and Requirements for First Time Applicants
Accommodation fees (optional) will is charged at the rate of Kshs. 4,500.00 per term. (To be paid after clearing fees).
Examination fees vary with various levels and courses and is not part of the above fees. (To be paid after clearing fees).
Trainees are expected to purchase their own meals.
All Fees (including accommodation) are to be banked on the college account at KCB Acc No.1101755652 Kakamega Branch.
All NEW students are to pay Ksh. 500 for Trainees SMART CARD and sh.300 as admission fees.
Trainees proceeding for attachment will pay Ksh. 2,000 to cater for Logbooks, Insurance cover, and assessment expenses.
Note: Only pay for the fees after getting the admission number from the college.
Disclaimer: The fees are subject to changes by the Friends College Kaimosi at any time according to their own discretion. Please keep checking the FCK website for current fee structure updates.
Friends College Kaimosi Contacts
Email address: email@example.com
- Kaimosi Campus – Kaimosi Complex along the Kisumu – Chavakali – Kapsabet – Eldoret road.
- Town Campus: Mbale town.
Student portal for course management and admission letters: http://portal.fck.ac.ke/login/sign-in.
Town Campus: Phone – 0702378258, email – firstname.lastname@example.org.